Lost Future

A long silence was finally broken

"Did... did... Mumbo die for nothing?" Grian stuttered.
"I suppose I should explain," stated Cub,  "Mumbo and a fragment of Cleo conspired together and planned for their deaths, so, when the complete Cleo was reborn the Rules of the killing game would be broken due to Mumbo being innocent and not actually killing anyone."
"Wait how do you know all this?" Stress questioned.
"I suppose it's because you found Mumbo's note," Cleo stated.
"Correct. That's also how I know that both Mumbo and Timoria infultrated the Killing Game," Cub stated.
"Who's Timoria?" Asked Docm.
"I suppose I should explain that," Cleo began, "you see when a person fully succumbs to Darkening Syndrome they don't just die. The body and mind becomes an emotionless shell, it's considered a living being but without the feelings required to be human it isn't really living. And while that's going on the heart and soul become a being of pure darkness which serves to infect others with Darkening Syndrome. I was given a miracle however because the Shell, Nozomi, regained emotions while the Darkness, Timoria, regained sentience. Both Nozomi and Timoria decided to take on the name Cleo and held a sister like relationship."
"Well I guess I should reveal the mastermind," Herobrine stated.
"No!" Cleo unexpected screamed.

A flash of Darkness overcame the nine in the room and one despaired like no other.

"No! It can't be! I'm not the mastermind!" Grian yelled out.
"Yes you are Grian. After all isn't this what you wanted revenge!" Laughed Herobrine.
"What does he mean by revenge Grian?!" Questioned Jevin.
"I was murdered..." Grian began.
"But you're here right now!" False exclaimed.
"Let me explain just before Grian died I put his Mind, Soul, and Heart into a replica body then I reprogrammed him." Herobrine replied.
"Reprogrammed..." Cub stuttered.
"Yeah he thought the lot of you murdered him and started building up this castle. When Mumbo managed to snap him out of his programming I threw him, Timoria, and Mumbo into the killing game," Herobrine laughed, "but I just put in three new rules but well what can you do."

All seemed lost until...

"I repersent the present if you vote for my death you all can escape into the outside world!" Cleo exclaimed.
"Wait what! Is this true Herobrine!?" Cub exclaimed.
"Oh yeah Grian represents the past, Cleo the present, and Mumbo the Future. Although with Mumbo being dead you can't really vote for him." Herobrine strugged.
"I... want... to... die..." Grian cried out.

Everyone was surprized.

"I'm the mastermind of this horrid game and at any moment I could be reprogramed into another one. I don't want to live on like this." Grian cried.
"Still you can't give up on life!" Cleo screamed.
"Well there's an additional reason to vote for me," Grian began, "remember Rule 6."
"You want us to rewrite history!" Cub exclaimed, "is that really okay!?"
"Well Rule 7 never explained which outside world..." Grian stated.
"Oh yeah the outside world it's terrible see!" Herobrine laughed.

A screen flickered on and it was understood what Grian and Herobrine meant. The outside world that was talked about was tainted.

"Still! There's an entire Universe out there! I contacted help! You will be able get home!" Cleo yelled in desperation.
"Well I suppose it's time to start the final vote!" Laughed Herobrine.

"I just voted for Cleo..." stated Jevin.
"I don't think time travel is the answer... it could be a trap..." Biffa stated, "I vote Cleo."
"Even so I want to see Ren again! I... voted... for Grian..." sighed False.
"We're being given an easy solution for all this! I vote Grian..." sighed Docm.
"Yeah I'm going to take the risk and either way Grian is the mastermind!" Stress exclaimed.
"Now if Cleo just votes for herself like I did that's four to three," Grian stated, "it should be an easy answer for you Joe."
"I did hate the mastermind but knowing Grian didn't have a choice in the matter..." Joe began, "I voted for Cleo."
"Cub it's all up to you!" Cleo stated, "who will you vote for."
"I- I- vote- for---"

A/N: well this is what I meant by the final death hasn't be sealed just yet. Basically you guys will vote on who you want to die.

Will you vote for Grian and attempt to rewrite history.

Or will you vote for Cleo and move on from all the tragedies.

Your choice matters.