Rainy day

I saw something like this on tumblr
Enjoy <3

(Peter is 14 in this and it's slightly after Civil war but IronDad and his smol arachnid child are just as close)

*3rd POV*

Tony didn't do much throughout the day. In fact, it was pretty boring. All he did was tinker on a bunch of different things and go to a few meetings- much to his dismay. Pepper wouldn't let him skip.

It was exactly 2:48 and Peter had just gotten out of school 3 minutes ago. As if on cue, Tony's phone binged.

Spiderboy- Hey Tony!
TonyStank- Hey Pete. What's up?
Spiderboy- I'll be on my way in a bit! It's raining pretty hard so I'm going to stop at mr. Delmar's to get some cover! I'm gonna be a little late. Don't be surprised if you see me go through the window btw.
TonyStank- ok then-What? Why!? It's even more dangerous to go higher! You could get struck by lighting!
Spiderboy- haha! I knew you'd say something like that. I was just kidding
TonyStank- were you though..?
Spiderboy- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TonyStank- You're scaring me
Spiderboy- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TonyStank- ...
TonyStank- ...ok kid. See ya soon. Take your time. Be safe
Spiderboy- lmao
TonyStank- >:(

Tony rolled his eyes at the messages. This kid was going to be the death of him. Now that he looked outside, it was raining...

'I guess I don't look outside enough.' He thought. The sky was a boring grey.

The mechanic went back to his tinkering and when he looked back at the clock, it had been around 45 minutes since Peter texted him. 'Is it still raining?' With a glance at his windows, the sun was shining through the slowly moving clouds.

Bing.

Spiderboy- on my way!
TonyStank- alright kid. C ya soon.

~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Tony!" Peter exclaimed walking through the doors. "Wow. You didn't actually come through the window," The man deadpanned. Peter had a cheeky smile. "Just because I didn't do it today doesn't mean I won't do it another time." "It'd be great if you didn't."

Peter laughed. "Anyway, sorry I'm so late. It was raining pretty hard and-" "Yeah kid. You explained it in text-" "ANYWAY- I'm here now and- oh crap I tracked water in the tower..." "How did you do that if it's late May and everything is literally evaporating within seconds?"

"I stepped in a puddle. That's why."
"...Why didn't you just walk around it?"
" 'cuz it was a puddle."
Peter shrugged.

"I don't understand you sometimes Pete." "Honestly, neither do I." "Wanna get to work kid?" "But the tracks..." "I have a maid to clean that." "But..." "Na ah. You're my intern. Let's go work."

There was a few minutes of silence when Peter piped up again. "What if we... go outside today? We can come back inside if you don't like it." "If I don't like what? What do you want to do kid?" "I-I was thinking we could... Never mind it's stupid."

Why was his kid getting so shy all of a sudden?

"C'mon Underoos spit it out." "I thought we could- you know- go outside and jump around- in- puddles...?" It kind of surprised the man that Peter just asked him to do something like that. He was an adult and Peter was too old for that by now. Wasn't he?