Chapter 4

A/N: M's picture to the side --------→→→→→

Chapter 4

The whole trip was silent but I broke it.

"Who's Rachel?" I asked.

"Well," Annabeth said playing with her hands. "She's the Oracle. And she'll tell you your prophecy."

"Why is she in Toronto?" I asked.

"It's because her school starts the first day of school late and ends the last day of classes late." Percy answered. I darted my eyes at Nico. He looked bored.

I didn't know what to do. It's really awkward. But if I'll ask questions, I'd feel like a dumb-headed girl who doesn't know anything.

Then, I realized that the car stopped.

We were in front of a '7/11' place. It didn't look too empty or too full so everything would be fine.

"Seven-eleven?" Nico said out of disbelief. Argus nodded.

"Want me to buy you some?" Percy asked him. He shook his head. I don't think I'd ever heard him speak. What if he had an eye on his tongue? That imagination was just disturbing.

"I'll go... I think I'd get you guys some slurpees." I suggested. They all nodded.

So it was just me and Percy. It was a bit awkward since.. I don't talk much.

As we got inside, Percy asked,"What do you want? I meant.. other than slurpees."

"Chips are good too," I said. "But maybe corndogs are the best."

He fiddled his hand in his pocket and got money out as if he was counting how many cash he's got.

"Okay," He said. "My money can fit all these. But let's start with slurpees first and then to the corndogs."

【】【】【】

As we got everything, we gave it to the cashier for scanning.

"Let'sssss sssssee." The cashier lady said. "How much it'sss cossst." It sounded like a snake which sounded a bit creepy. Percy narrowed his eyes and put his hand in his right pocket.

She walked out of the cashier. I squinted and saw that didn't walk. She slithered. From waist up she was a normal woman but waist down she had a snake trunk instead of legs.

I got my star clip and tossed it into the air. It changed into a Celestial Bronze sword as I gripped it's handle.

I gulped as I looked around. The other guys had heads of a Doberman and the other body parts were human. And they were a feet smaller.

"Telekhines." Percy muttered.

We all charged. I did as what Annabeth taught me--thrust, plunge, block, turn, and slash-- at the telekhines while Percy took the snake lady.

I raised my sword which flashed electricity. All of the telekhines backed up with fear. I teased them by swinging the sword in front of them.

One jumped forward which was a big mistake. I thrusted my sword at him-her-whatever... it.

One adult telekhine ran forward. It was as tall as me. I lay my back on the floor and slid under the monster.

I stood up and stabbed him at the back. He disintegrated into dust. I stole a quick glance at Percy. He was doing good. It was like he has been sword-fighting his whole life.

Fortunately, Nico and Annabeth came in. Unfortunately, a telekhine was on top of me. I tried to stab but my arms were trapped.

He was about to stab me but it disintegrated. The next thing I know, Nico was in front of me, smiling. He reached out for my hand and I got it. He pulled me up.