05;(4th sin: envy)

Envy is among the things that comes from the heart, defiling a person.

4th sin: ENVY
Leviathan

•••••°∆°•••••

The blue eyed guy stare at me as I stare back. I was contemplating if I agree or not. Besides I don't know this guy. He might be some psycho who lure girls and bloodily murder them. I cringe when I thought about that.

Yeah sure, he's a good looking guy but what if he have some screw loose and I'm the idiot girl who's going to be found in some abandoned place cold and dead. F*ck I don't want that to happened I still want to get old and grey and have a lots of dog and cats and... you know, something like that.

Besides the car is sooooo cooooool, it's grate to see it on person and I'm so happy I got to see it 3ft away from me, my dad would be happy too if he was here. I sigh, a little bit saddened. But that's it, I don't actually have any plan on riding it. It's fun seeing one though. I smiled to my self.

I shake my head to the guy" Nah, I'm good. I'll take a cab." I ignore him and walk away to the car to hail a cab. I saw some by standers gawking at the car as well, some cars slowed and honk to the car before they go. Well it's not every day that you can see a million worth car like this roaming around.

A cab stop in front of me when I notice the blue eyed guy Sam, get off his car. " Hey, wait up!" He rush to me but I already hop inside the cab. I hastily close the door and lock it. What? I'm just being cautious. He knock on my window.

"Mariya!"

My brow twitch when he tried opening the door. See told you he have some screw loose his trying to get inside when I don't even know him? That's scary. Where's the manners? We practically strangers to each other.

"Mariya! Open this!" He said knocking but I shake my head to him gesturing that I didn't hear anything.

"Mariya! I just wanted us to talk. Please give me a moment. I swear I just wanted to know you better and..."I told the driver to go. I look to Sam when the cab slowly driving away." Mariya, wait!" I pretend I didn't hear him. I mouthed sorry then ignore him.

I saw him in side mirror running to catch up but he stop when we are a few feet away.

My forehead knot when I saw his expression.

He look so forlorn. His expression is in despair like he was so hurt and... Abandoned. He was watching me getting away.

Now I'm guilty.

The guy only wanted to talk to me and... I think I become too much to him I didn't even give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now I feel like I just abandoned a dog that's waiting for me for a long time but we both know I will never be coming back and he just look at me with hurt and sadness.

Why do I feel like this? I scratched my head.

******

" Mom! I'm here! " I shouted while entering the door. I bring the grocery bags with me and go straight to the kitchen.

I stop to my tracks when I notice my mom wasn't alone. We have a visitor.
But the atmosphere is different. My Mom is very welcoming and she's a very good host but the atmosphere now is so uncomfortable and awkward.

I saw my mom sitting and on the other side of the dining table is a guy. He has a very neat appearance, I mean he almost look like a lawyer if he doesn't have those badass skull rings. His wearing a black tuxedo with a maroon crisp dress shirt without a necktie. He also have a right ear piercing. The diamond stud glint everytime it hit the lights.

He look like those guys from gangster movies.

I badly wanted to comment about it but with the cold aura and serious face he had, I keep it to myself.

I turn to my mom when she suddenly snatch the grocery bags I'm holding then putting it away. " Excuse me for a moment." She excuses to the guy with a frown.

He merrily give a twitch and ignore us.

Who is he?

My mom hastily drag me to the receiving area which I got confused because she look so worried and I can feel she is anxious.

"H-how was your day?" She smiled crookedly and wiped her hand to her jeans. That's her mannerism whenever she's not comfortable.

I frown to her behavior.

"Mom, what's up? Who is that guy? Is something wrong?"

She look at me seriously then suddenly hold my both hands.

"I-I... I promise that nothing bad will ever happened to you. I want you to understand that everything I do is for your safety." She said tearily to me, she hugged me so tight I was about to complain then she let me go.

"Mom what are you saying?" I feel so confused and I'm starting to get worried.

I don't know what's going on and I don't like what I'm feeling. My hunch telling me something is very wrong. I can feel it.

My mom reach something on her collar. She pulled out her necklace that my father give to her before he gone missing. It was a gold slim chain with a pair of wings as a pendant.

She open my palm and put the necklace on my hand.

"Wear this. Don't you ever take this off on you. This will give you enough protection. This is from your father." She said seriously. I know she's trying not to cry because of her reddening eyes and nose

"Mom—"

"Listen. You need to pack your things now." She push me slightly towards the stairs.

"What! Why?" I feel so nervous and anxious right now. I don't know what's going on. "Mom what is going on?" I'm on the verge of tears now I feel scared.

She just look at me longingly.

"Go upstairs Mariya"

She then turn to go back in the kitchen.

•••••°*°•••••

Vote for this chapter and follow meeeeee( ˘ ³˘)

Xoxo noe♡