𝐯.

ー

JEON JUNGKOOK nervously looked at his best friend sitting on the couch, eyes glued to her phone, laughing at a cat video she was watching.

"fuck," jungkook cussed. he paced back and forth before finally stepping up toward the girl.

kim yerim turned around, finding her sad best friend walking up to her. he was wearing a justin bieber hoodieー the same thing he wore for the last 3 days. she sat up straight, putting her phone down. "hey," she gave him a smile. "what's up?"

"good," jungkook answered back, nodding his head whilst avoiding eye contact with her. in all honesty, he felt bad. yeri would come everyday, 6 in the morning, a breakfast in hand. he would open the door, frowning, and she'd look back at him, smiling from ear to ear.

yeri's eyebrows furrowed. "are you alright?" she asked, "you still look pale."

"i'm doing good actually," jungkook awkwardly laughed before finally changing the topic. "hey, i wanna talk to you," he opened up.

now her eyebrows raised, her eyes curious. "well, talk then," she grinned. "damn, you never been so serious."

jungkook chuckled. "i know, i feel weird," he agreed. "hey, i know you've been curious about how eunha and iー"

"oh, it's fine," she cut him off, her hand waving in the air. "it's not really mine to know."

"dude, stop acting like a saint," he joked, "i know you're dying to her the tea," he rolled his eyes dramatically.

yeri placed a hand on her chest, acting touched. "dude, you know me so well," she laughed and high fived him. he smiled back. "you're like tana mongeau right now."

"i know!" he said excitedly, which made her smile. "well, here we go," he shook his head.

yeri sat back and watched as her best friend fidgeted. she followed after him, saying, "here we go."

"the day you came apologizing to me about the instagram thingー you remember that right?" he looked at yeri for confirmation, she nodded. "few months later, i decided to stop by her place and asked her about it, but she wasn't home."

"okay," yeri nodded along his explanation, a thing she would do every time he told her a story to make sure he knows that she's listening.

jungkook smiled at her action, then continued, "her neighbour walked byー Mrs. Lee, she's nice. well, she told me that she saw eunha grocery shopping so i went."

yeri knew where this was going, sooyoung was right. she felt like she was being boiled. "okay," she stated again.

"and then," he stopped. stopped moving, stopped talking. then, he lightly tapped the glass table in front of him. he started drumming his fingers on it gently.

yeri frowned. "it's okay."

jungkook nodded, shaking his head. "she loved shopping so i know where she went," he coughed. "went there, saw her with a man, fucking kissing so i thought, well fuck," he nonchalantly said. "she saw me so i said fuck this and went home. broke up with her the next day, then found out she has been cheating on me for 4 fucking months," he shrugged.

she blacked out for a second. and when yeri came back to her senses, the only thing she could say was, "shit."

he nodded, "shit." he laid back on the couch, covering his head with his hoodie. "i'm fine, don't worry," he told her. "i thought she ain't shit anyway, no fucking reason to cry about her."

kim yerim pouted, actually really proud. "that's the spirit," she pounded him. he laughed at her. "glad you're okay."

"thanks," he nodded, full of pride. "couldn't do it without you," jungkook admitted, "really."

"awe, thanks," yeri replied, she felt touched by his words. "you went through it, you're amazing."

"nah," jungkook covered his face sheepishly. "but, don't stop cooking me those grilled cheese sandwich though," he requested.

her face was painted with surprise. she asked him, full of confident, "it's that good?"

jungkook nodded. "it's good 'cause that's the only thing you can actually cook."

"fuck you, jeon."

fun fact:
the gif is an actual representation of jungkook & yerim high fiving each other.