Chapter 3

I suddenly woke up and looked around. I was covered with cold sweat. I felt someone's eyes were on me and I could feel their breathing. They were experated, like a crazed human.

"Moon... moon... moon..."
I shivered as they keep saying 'moon'.. It sounded like that blonde.. Clarice.

"C-Clarice?"
"Moon.. moon... moon droplet."
"W-what?!"
"Moon droplet.. Moon droplet.. Moon droplet."
I was confused. I looked behind me and look at Clarice. She was on my ceiling, her head was terrifyingly close to me. Her dead, red eyes were looking at my black ones.

"Moon droplet, moon droplet. Destiny is in your hands.. Finally, you have reborn.. Thanks to the sun droplet. Stop our robotic overlords.."
My eyes widen as I sat there, my mouth agape. So, Cloud's hallucination of me might be true. A breeze flowed through my opened window, my hair floated a little. Clarice's blond hair did, as well. When it did, the tips of her hair slowly turn into a deep, reddish orange. She smiled maniacally as she climbed down my walls to be there next to me.

"Finally, I'm free."
"W-what?!"
"Now, I can escape my cage. My fake family! My fake home!"
Clarice laughed nonstop, to be honest, she is starting to scare me.

"Clarice, what do you mean by 'moon droplet'?"
Clarice's face darkened as she gripped onto my shoulders, tightly. Her red eyes became her entire iris as she frowned at me.

"My name is NOT Clarice... that is a lie from my fake family."
"Then, what is your-"
"Moon droplet, destiny now!"
"You know my name is Jaci or Black bean."
"Moon!"
"Jaci!"
"Moon droplet!"
"What do you want?!"
"Stop our robotic overlords!"  
"There are no 'robotic overlords'!"
"That is what they want you to think!"
"If you are so sure, then show me!"
'Clarice' grabbed my arm as she dragged me out of my room. We heard my parents talking on the wired phone. But wait.. my parents were out of state and there was a power outage tonight. My mother reached for her face and ripped it right off. I saw electrical sparks coming off her face and my father did as well. They were indeed robots. 'Clarice' grinned she knew that she was right and I was wrong.

"Yes, subject 77 is asleep.."
My heart stopped beating. What do they mean? Was I really just a test subject to them?

"No, we have not found the moon droplet.. We have found that subject 77 is quite capable of it."
"No, she does not show anything. Yet.. we are going to put her a simulation that she would show the moon dropet's powers. Or at least what you have told us about.."

I stood there, completely motionless.

"Yes, boss."

The robotic adults placed the phone down and put back their 'human' masks.

"Did you get the data from our other co-workers?"

"No, not yet."

"Hop to it! We have to get the data from the other children!" 

"Even, subject B.R.'s brothers and sisters?"
"Yes!"
That was when 'Clarice' dragged me again. We went through the backdoor and we ran. She explained to me that this world was like a virtual reality. A place where the last children of the humans are put into a false world, so this robotic race could test on them. Those with 'mental problems' are the only ones that could see through this world to see what it is really like. Some are more powerful than others.

"So, Cloud has the power to see the truth?"
"Who the heck is Cloud?"
"The boy I hang around with? The boy with the medications for his hallucinations?"
"Oh, I thought that he was a girl or something."
"Really?"
'Clarice' rolled her eyes as we ran to Rosa's mansion. We walked over to a randomly opened window and climb inside. The house was dark and vacant. 'Clarice' shoved me into a closet filled with old clothes. She walked away and I was stuck. I tried to break through the door until I heard gunshots. Robotic voices yell out, but I could not hear what they were yelling exactly since I was slowly being suffocated. I was about to lose consciousness as someone opened the closet. My vision became blurry as I fell onto my knees. Nothingness filled my sights.