Chapter 8

Holly's POV

I was running as fast I could. I fell into some goop, a few moments before. That caused some rustling in the distance and then some yelling. For some reason, I started to run as fast as I could. My legs crumbled eventually from tiredness and fatigue. I started to crawl into the surrounding shrubbery. When I did, I saw metal feet rushed right in front of me. I held my breath as they passed by.

They all passed.. I let out a sigh as I quickly took in a deep gulp of air. I started to gag. I must have accidentally drank some that goop. My head looked up as my eyes widened as I saw a weird colored gas floated right above me. I held my breath as it came closer to my hair. I gasped as the weirdly colored gas surrounded me. I started to choke on it. My eyesight was getting blurry as my face collided against the dirt and the spare grass blades of the ground.

I awoke again and scratched my hair. I feel odd..? My legs were able to support me, now. So, I started to walk around. My head was still slightly dizzy, but I continued on. Until I reached a lake of some sort, my throat was abnormally dry, so I walked over to drink some of it. When I finished my short drink, I looked into my reflection in the lake. My hair was oddly colored, it was an unusual greenish white that faded into black. My fingers went through my oddly colored hair until I felt something inside my hair, near my forehead. So, I moved the hair away to see it through my hair. A small horn? I checked the other side of my forehead. Another horn?

I looked at my reflection confused. There I was, sitting there with weirdly colored hair and odd, small horns. My eyes were still of dark green, much darker than my sisters' eyes. Rosa had the brightest emerald eyes, which caused the envy of our 48 other siblings. Her bright pink hair with those shining emerald eyes was surrounded by the more common brown and black eyes/hair. I was a little jealous myself, but I kept in and did not lash out, unlike our 24 brothers...

I heard some rustling in a distance. I jumped slightly at the noise, my horns glistening in the daylight.

"What an interesting 'monster'."
"Yes, perfect to take down the 'Moon droplet' and her friends. Boss, would be proud to have her as a pet."

I stood up and started to run as fast as I could. I staggered a tiny bit as I felt something very sharp enter my neck. My consciousness was  slowly fading away, but I just kept running.

"She's fast and has a strong will."
"Yup, but she'll eventually fall."

I kept running until I diverged off the path. I made fake footprints in the other way and left for a place to hide. My foot tripped on something and I fell into a body of water. I heard no splash, but the drowsiness in my body eventually overpowered me as my eyes drifted into the back of my head.