• 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 5 •

the next morning...

ivy's POV:

it was warm. i forgot where i had fallen asleep, but i knew that it was comfy and warm. i nuzzled myself into the cushion i was laying on, trying to fall deeper into my sleep. but i was woken up with the sound of snickering and various 'shh' noises. i slowly opened my eyes to find harrison, jacob, Zen and Laura all in front of me pointing their phones in my direction.

"um, hey guys what's going on-"

my eyes went wide in shock, it wasn't a cushion i was laying on, it was tom. my eyes darted in between my friends and the boy next to me. they laughed at how shocked i was. i couldn't wake him up so i stayed there, still. i felt something moving under me, i looked up and tom's eyes were fluttering open.

"h-hey guys why are you-" he looked down at me, still in his arms and head on his chest. "oh ivy, h-hi"

"hey tom, do you mind?"

"oh, shit, sorry" he took his arms from around me and i got up from the sofa.

"so what did you guys get up to last night?" Harrison threw himself on the sofa next to Tom, making kissy faces.

"we talked Haz, that was it"

"yeah you 'talked'"

"we're just friends, harrison" Tom sighed, sounding annoyed. that shouldn't have hurt but it did. but he's right though. just friends. Zendaya noticed that i wasn't happy with the statement, as much as i tried to hide it.

"yeah right, friends." Harrison said sarcastically. "that wasn't what it looked like this morning" he sang, getting up from the sofa and joining me in the kitchen.

"so what are you guy's plans for today then?" i asked changing the subject.

"i have a photo shoot at two, so i have to be off soon" Laura said from the front room.

Zendaya sat on the kitchen counter "same, i have a script reading for euphoria at three"

"Haz? Jacob?"

"i've got a few errands to run, sorry ivy" harrison shrugged.

"same"

"okay that's fine. what about you, tom?" i asked getting the bread out of the cupboard. he sat up from the sofa, and ran his hand through his hair. he looked so cute. ivory. you're just friends, remember. friends.

"i don't have anything to do today, is it okay if i hang here?"

"yeah of course" i gave him a small smile, while i was secretly jumping with joy on the inside.

a few hours later...

3rd person POV:

"bye!"

"see you later!"

ivy waved at her friends, closing the door behind them. she ran over to the sofa, and jumped next to tom.

"so, tommy, what do you want to do?"

"tommy? i like that" he smiled and laughed. ivy dropped her head to the side and admired the way his hair hung over his face. the way his brown eyes sparkled. the way his eyes crinkled when he laughed or smiled. she studied his face, looking for too long.

"hello? earth to ivy" tom waved his hand in front of her face.

she cleared her throat, playing with her ponytail. "oh um, sorry" she nervously giggled, they both blushed.

"you asked me what we wanted to do?"

"yes that was the question wasn't it? what do you want to do?"

"well, i don't know." he thought for a moment, "oh! in the UK we have this reality show called Love Island, we can watch a few episodes of that if you like?"

he seemed like an excited puppy, which made ivory smile. "sounds perfect." she smiled "i'll get snacks".

a few hours later...

8:00pm, ivory's POV:

"i don't get it?" i took a sip of my drink "if Jordan liked India, then why did he ask Anna to be his girlfriend. and India is with Ovie, so why would he make a move on her in the first place?"

Tom laughed, "somebody's invested".

"yeah now i am, thanks a lot" i nudged him with my shoulder.
we had been watching love island for a good few hours and had almost finished an entire season.

"it's eight, i should probably get going." tom stood up and grabbed his phone and jacket.

i got up from the sofa and ran over to him "no stay! finish this episode please?" i grabbed his arm.

"woahhhh someone's needy" he chuckled.

"i know i can be needy, whatever, just stay for a little longer please?" i pleaded.

"i'll see you soon i promise, if i don't go now, i'll miss my train" he pulled me into a hug, towering over me since i wasn't wearing my regular heals "goodnight, ivy, i've gotta go" he pulled away from the hug, and opened the door.

"bye tommy, goodnight"

"goodnight" he stood in front of me as if he was waiting for something to happen.

"you already said that." i giggled.

"oh yeah" he laughed.

"okay goodnight, n go otherwise you'll miss your train!" i shooed him out the door and into the main hallway.

"okay, bye!" he jogged down the stairwell.

i stood in the door frame for a minute before locking the door and making my way back to the sofa, switching on love island again.

about 20 minutes later...

*ping*

(1) new message from: tommy🖤.

tommy🖤

tommy🖤
hey
so i may have missed my train

ivory
oh no :(
come stay with me!

tommy🖤
is that okay?

ivory
of course :)
we can idk
have drinks
talk about things
only if you want too tho

tommy🖤
i'll be there in 20 x
read 8:35pm
in a taxi x
where are we gonna sleep?
just curious
aha

ivory
you'll sleep here
i'll sleep there
you know
idk i haven't figured it out out yet lol
shit! my heating is broken

tommy🖤
it's okay we'll figured it out when i get there :)
and it's fine we can just bundle up in blankets aha
10 minutes away x
read 8:45pm

about 10 minutes later...

*knock knock*

i ran over to the door, pausing my show, and opened it.

"hey" i gave him a small smile.

"hey".