1 - Just Forget

I quickly burrowed my face in my pillows before letting tears stream into the fabric. My hands were clenching onto my comforter, squeezing it tightly. I was in a state of shock and this was the first time my body was put through the sorrowful ordeal. Everything was in pain, my eyes, feet, heart. I felt as if someone had stabbed me multiple times- everywhere.

            I never thought something so perfect could end so horribly; so unloving. His name repeated in my head, as well as his words. However, what he said could not begin to measure up to what he did, forcing my body to throb and go into a state of panic; worry. He had the nerve to- to put his hand on my chest and push with all of his might, allowing my body to hit the wall. The amount of pressure he pushed with caused some wall decorations to collapse, falling down beside me.

            That was not even 24 hours ago, and I somehow found the energy to keep fussing and crying. My heart unfortunately remained aching as it forced my mind to replay the moments of my downfall.

            “You wanted to talk to me?”

            “Yes, I believe we have a problem- between the two of us.” There was a pause that I remember.  “It doesn’t feel the same anymore- you’re so boring and lifeless anymore, I can’t stand it!”

            “What- Mason!”

            “No, ____, I can’t do it anymore. You’re- this is over. Done.”

            “Wait, can we talk about this first?!” I drew closer, bad mistake.

            “No, get away from me.” Then my spine hit the wall, a great amount of pain blanketed my body.

            Then the vision stops, and I just cry over and over again when I think of it. After that I make it worse for myself, I think of the good memories, the ones where we were happy and couldn't ask for more out of life.

The first time we said ‘I love you’ to each other. – We had just gotten done with a silly pillow fight, a cute, dorky, silly pillow fight. I was sitting on him, and we were on the floor. His manly hand met my cheek as he pushed my loose, dangling hair behind my ear. “I love you, _____.” He chimed, which I could never forget the look on his face. 

            “I love you too, Mason.” I replied, blushing mad.

The time he stopped what could have been a horrible addiction. -   “I didn't know that you drink.” He stared at me, the bottle of Corona in my hands as I looked to him innocently. I said I didn't, even though he obviously saw me with the bottle. My mind threw a middle finger to him at that point, but he returned it with a comforting, inspirational set of words. I’ll never forget his… kindness. 

The time he took me to the city. – I swear I’ve never seen lights like that before- in the city or his eyes. Afterwards though, he complained it was only the city of Denver and that I over react to things… that was our first fight- but also our first make up.

It took me a couple hours to calm down once again. At this point I think I became dehydrated by crying all the liquid from my body out. I decided to get up, take a shower, look presentable and head out. To where, however, I had no clue.

‘Maybe I should go to the bar?’ I thought to myself, slightly biting my bottom lip, debating the situation in my head. ‘For a little bit… It’s not like I’ll get wasted or anything.’

So I left, looking as if nothing happened- which I was hoping to act that way the entire night- or year. I just needed to get away and do something that assisted me with that.

Something that would make me forget.

Someone who would make me forget.

A/N: Have another chapter today. It's short, but I hope it clears some things up. ;) Have a nice day and thanks for reading!