JUST FRIENDS - donah

JUST FRIENDS
donah

WARNINGS !
tyler and jonah are the same age, daniel's one year younger, and esther's a year younger than daniel
(if that makes sense)

SONG: wild by troye sivan

|

When Daniel got home from school one day, he was eager to tell his older brother all about what had happened at school that day.

They'd always been close, but when Tyler went off to middle school, leaving Daniel to get through the fifth grade, Daniel couldn't help but look forward to after school when he saw him.

Hopping off the bus and silently walking home, Daniel excitedly opened his front door, about to call out to his brother when he stopped. Tyler got off of school a half hour before him, meaning he was always home before Daniel. What Daniel didn't expect was for Tyler to have a friend over.

"Daniel! This is Jonah. Jonah, my brother Daniel." Daniel smiled politely, saying hi when the boy waved at him.

"I-I'm gonna go do my homework." Daniel bit the inside of his cheek, making his way to the kitchen and deciding to just fill Tyler in on his day later.

-

Over the course of the next few months, Daniel got used to seeing Jonah around a lot more often. Him and Tyler would usually hang out after school or on weekends, Jonah staying the night more than often.

Daniel liked Jonah, finding him kind. Plus, he always invited Daniel to hang out with him and Tyler. Daniel thought he was sweet for that.

As much as he loved his brother, middle school made him kind of a dick. Jonah being around seemed to help a bit.

It was already March when Jonah invited Daniel and Tyler over to sleep at his house. Daniel hadn't been over before and he was nervous. He'd only ever met Jonah's mom once, and she seemed nice enough.

Daniel froze when their mom had dropped them off, glancing out the window at the average sized home before them. He only moved when he felt Tyler hit his shoulder. "Move it."   

Daniel huffed, reluctantly saying a goodbye to his mom as they exited the car, Daniel just now noticing Jonah waiting excitedly on the front porch.

"Tyler! What's up?" The two friends smiled at each other, doing some awkward handshake Daniel didn't understand. Daniel stood behind them as he waited to go in, Tyler walking in a second after.

Daniel was stopped by Jonah as he tried to walk in, giving the older boy a confused glance.

"I'm glad you came, Dani." Daniel didn't understand as his cheeks heated up. Instead of saying anything, he just smiled, following Jonah inside the house.

"Daniel, I'm so glad you could come." Carrie walked out from the kitchen, pulling Daniel into a hug. "Come, I want to introduce you to Esther. She's only a year younger than you."

Daniel allowed Carrie to bring him further into the house, them both passing the kitchen and going down the hall until they arrived at a closed door at the end of the hall.