failure taught me nothing except frustration

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN BUFF ANIME JAY THEN IT'S A MUST. LOOK UP NINJAGO SEASON 11 TRAILER ON YOUTUBE. IT'S GREAT. ALSO, SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN LIKE A WEEK AND A HALF. SCHOOL JUST STARTED LAST WEEK AND IT'S ALREADY KINDA DRAINING. I WAS ALSO VERY HESITANT TO UPLOAD THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I DECIDED TO PUT MORRO IN IT. HE'S A KEY PART OF YOU. THANK YOU ALL FOR READING MY STORY I LOVE YOU.

'Holding on to anger is like trying to throw a hot rock. Only you get burned.'

I SQUINTED THROUGH THE DARK CAVE LIKE MY EYES WERE TOO SMALL TO SEE OUT OF.
"(Y/n), you mustn't let them reunite the three Masks." The voice echoed like a drum against the jagged walls. Water dripped from the ceiling and onto the cave floor like a timer (I hated even thinking about the word 'time'). It was like a painful reminder of how little doors I had open. Light suddenly burst from the centre of the room, illuminating long shadows on the walls, and...

"Morro?"

He sent me a soft, lopsided smile. "It's been a while." I enveloped him in a hug, glad to see a familiar face. "You left--I saw you die--for real this time. How did you get here?"

"No 'I miss you' or 'how've you been?'." I smiled weakly. "Sorry, I'm just..."

"Don't sweat it kid. How I'm here isn't important right now. Whispers of the Oni Masks float about, and even in the Departed Realm, I hear it. There's something lurking in the air, something evil. It's been affecting you, weakening your will and control. When that biker knocked you out, she stole the Mask of Deception, meaning she and her gang are one step away from reaching their goal. You have to find the third before it's too late."

I frowned and let out a sigh in frustration. It wasn't a surprise that they took the second Mask from my clutches. "I... How do I know I can stop them? I lost the second one, so what make you think I can find the third one?" Morro sympathetically patted my back. "I trained you myself, you'll be fine. You were always a clever one." I smiled lightly. "Since when were you one to praise?"

"Since I died."

I rolled my eyes before gears began turning in my head again. "Do you have any clue where it is?" Morro sheepishly averted his gaze. "Not entirely. And even if I did know, I wouldn't be able to tell you. All I know is that it has to do with Oni, meaning it has to do with you." I furrowed my brow. "It has to do with me? What do you mean?"

Morro shook his head as the cave blurred alike a reflection in water. "You're waking up." 

"Yeah, I didn't know that." I sarcastically said. All softness on Morro's face disappeared with the wind. He took me firmly by the shoulders and met my eyes seriously. "You have to stop them. They're going to resurrect--!"

I awoke and bolted upright into a sitting position. "The air...the air feels different." I muttered. Cole, who I assumed just entered the room, gave me a look of bewilderment. "Uh...glad you're awake?"

I groaned as pain whipped me in the face. Literally. My face felt swollen, and even with a bunch of Starfarer band-aids on, the pain didn't subside. A headache hit me like a truck and my hand flew to my head. "Woah there. Take it easy kid." I was about to retort with the classic 'I'm not a kid anymore', but thoughts banged against my head like a wrecking ball.

Promise me you will not tell anyone this information.

I...

Promise me!

I promise.

The red flower in white is quiet.

You have to stop them. They're going to resurrect--

My heart rammed against my chest like it wanted to jump out. "You okay?" questioned Cole. The worry on his face made me want to cave in and tell him everything that happened. But I was too stubborn. Too stubborn to go back on my word or say that Mr. Hutchins sacrificed himself for me.