15

Lucas's P.O.V

I was standing next to Jungwoo with a beer in my hand while he held my other. He had walked me over to a group of people and introduced me to them; one of was one of teachers, Qian Kun. The other man's name is Taeil, he's honestly quite short compared to everyone. Ten, Johnny, and Doyoung had joined us also. Ten kept looking at us holding hands and wiggling his eyebrows. I soon finished my beer and saw a nearby trash and tossed it, silently cheering for myself as it made it in. "I'm gonna get another drink" I said and Jungwoo looked at me and smiled.
"Want me to come with?" He asked and I shook my head no.
"It's alright, I'll be right by" I kissed his forehead and let go of his hand and walked off back to the kitchen where three large buckets filled with ice sat on the big kitchen island. I grabbed one of the drinks from it, chills running up my spine from the coldness of it but I soon recovered. I was about to pop the cap but I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned to see a very familiar face.
"Lucas? Wow it is you!" She cheered.
It's Yuqi, my ex from high school.
"Oh uh hey" I said awkwardly. She smiled, her cheeks slightly flushed probably from drinking.
"It's been so long! How have you been?" She asked and I popped the cap and took a sip.
"I've been good, and you?" I asked casually.
"I'm good, it's nice to see you again. You've gotten even stronger" she giggled and patted my arm. I laughed trying to seem comfortable.
"Yeah, I mean I work with car parts all day" I shrugged.
"Really? I was sure your dad would force you into the company" she said surprised.
"I declined his offer" I smirked and she laughed.
"You've always been bullheaded."
"I guess" I said. I felt a bit awkward talking to my high school ex.
"I bet your girlfriend loves how strong you are" she smirked playfully and I laughed. Oh boy if you even knew.
"I don't have one" I said and bit my lip. She seemed surprised.
"Oh really?" She asked and I nodded. I quickly diverted the conversation.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" I asked and she nodded. I felt relief flood my system.
"Mhm! His name is BamBam" she smiled.
"The class clown BamBam?" I asked surprised and she nodded and laughed. She took a sip of her own drink.
"Yep! I'm really shocked you don't have a girlfriend. Every girl in high school were practically all over you!" She exclaimed once more. Why can't I say I have a boyfriend? Come on Lucas! You'll never see her again... maybe? Plus she has a boyfriend.
"Hey Lucas, I was worried when you didn't come back" I turned to see Jungwoo and I smiled.
"Sorry, caught up with an old friend" I said and he nodded and looked at her. He seemed a bit shocked at first but smiled warmly.
"Hi, I'm Kim Jungwoo!" He offered his hand. She shook it with a warm smile also.
"Nice to meet you! I'm Song Yuqi!" She exclaimed. They let go of each other's hands and I took a sip of my drink once more. My heart thumped in my chest. I'm practically coming out, it's normal to be nervous right? I looked at Jungwoo and he looked at me with such bright eyes I felt my heart burst. I held his hand and faced Yuqi. My hands with shaking.
"Jungwoo is actually my boyfriend" I gave a timid smile. Her eyes widened and her mouth went agape and then she laughed. I felt Jungwoo rub gentle circles on the top of my hand with the pad of his thumb.
"Wow! Totally wasn't expecting that! You should have said so earlier" she smiled and placed a hand on her hip. I felt relief course through my body and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.
"Yeah, sorry haha" I said and scratched the back of my neck with my free hand. I felt Jungwoo squeeze my hand and I glanced at him to see his proud smile. Her phone dinged and she opened it.
"Ah! That's BamBam, he wants me to meet him outside" she said and smiled. "It was nice seeing you again Lucas, and it was nice meeting you Jungwoo" she said sweetly and waved goodbye and jogged through the sea of bodies. Jungwoo placed a kiss on my cheek.
"She was nice, I like her" he smiled and I pouted.
"What about me?" I asked and he laughed.
"Of course I like you dummy" he smiled. "Did you want to play beer pong?" He asked and I raised a brow.
"You sure you'll be able to beat me?" I asked and he smirked.
"I don't know, but I was a pretty wild teen" he smirked.
"He's lying, he was a goody-two-shoes" a voice cut off our conversation and we saw Doyoung grabbing a drink with a smirk. Jungwoo's face turned red with embarrassment and he pouted.
"Hyunggg" he puffed his cheeks and I laughed, as did Doyoung.
"I speak the truth" he smirked and patted Jungwoo's head.
"Ughh" Jungwoo pouted and I laughed and swung our hands slightly.
"I'll accept your challenge" I said and he looked up at me and blushed. He seemed to ponder it but soon agreed and Doyoung laughed and led us downstairs where the beer pong game was happening. I had to admit, the basement was pretty fucking lit. Colorful lights, blue lights, beer, a bar, pool table, ping pong table, darts, and a bunch of other stuff. "How rich is this guy?" I asked Jungwoo.
"He's a good racer" he smiled and I raised my brow.
"Racer?" I asked and he sighed and laughed awkwardly.
"Sorry, kinda slipped. I met him through Taeyong." He said and fiddled with our fingers. I felt a bit jealous but pushed it aside.
"I see" I nodded and he smiled and led me to the table.