Chapter 4: Acceptance

===============

Cyclone's P. O. V

===============

At a high-rise rooftop..

< About that offer... Aren't you gonna take it yet? >

"If you were in my shoes, would you take it?" I asked Effect. I am currently conflicted with my decisions...

< I would. It would be a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. >

"I probably wouldn't be a good teacher. I was average in my time in U. A." I said looking down at the ground.

< You would do well actually. Since you have some experience in the hero course. >

"But then i didn't choose an agency to work with." I scratched my head sheepishly.

< Well. It's was on you. But you have an idea of what to expect in that school right? >

"Yeah. Mostly. I'll think about it in the next few hours then i'll make my final decision. Sound good Effect?" I told him.

< Yeah, sure. >

I jumped off the rooftop and started to roam around the city. Seeking action because i'm so bored... And for a while, there was no action to be found. Which i'm not saying it's "rare". But the last few days were action-packed. So i wanted the streak to keep going as it is.

"I'm already getting hungry again." I said while holding my stomach.

< Again? Did you even eat that much earlier? >

"To be transparent, no." I said with regret in my tone.

< You're not on a diet. So just start eating more. You'll burn that weight off because of training and fighting. >

"I probably can't stop not eating..." As i take out my pocket notebook from my back pocket.

I started to check around the notebook and i decided that i should probably go to the police station to check for some more bounties. And yes, those exist. I mean. Life right?

< Where are you going? >

"Somewhere. Just keep quiet." I said to Effect while i'm closing in at the police station.

I got to the police station relatively quickly. After the guards and all the policemen at the station greeted me, i checked the bounty board and see at least 5 new ones. I pulled out my notebook and started jotting down on the bounties. Names, appearance, everything. I didn't left anything out.

"That should do it..." I put my notebook back into my back pocket and went out of the police station and grabbed some grub. I was getting so hungry at that point in time.

At a ramen shop...

"One large serving please!" As i sit down at one of the chairs.

"Coming right up!" The shopkeeper as he started to cook the noodles.

I pulled out my phone and started to check on the most relevant news. Since there's no shortage of U. A news out there. I think they are just in the "Entrance" Exam. To be honest, i don't think the new students are gonna have a bad time... Since i blasted through that exam with an almost perfect score. Well, that's just my opinion. I'm pretty sure that most of our batch are the teachers to that school now. Good luck to the rookies i guess. 

"Here you go sir!" As he gave to me a piping hot bowl of ramen. It was large this time since i haven't ate too much to the point of stuffing myself. And i'm just trying to not make Effect mad at me for my stupidity.

"That will be 600 yen!" The shopkeeper kinda screamed.

I gave the payment, grabbed chopsticks, and started going to town with this ramen... To be honest, i'm probably gonna be embarrassed if someone sees me eating like this. My appetite isn't high so if my classmates see me or anyone really, something's gonna happen. And i can assure you that it's not a good thing.

As i was eating my ramen, i stopped a little bit and checked again my phone to read more articles about U. A. And the more i read it, the more it became tempting to actually to be a teacher there. 

< You're thinking too hard for your own good Cyclone. Take it as it is. It's not like the opportunity is gonna go away faster than light. >

"You can read my thoughts too?" I said as i ignored his advice.

< You can't hide anything from me. Apparently. It doesn't give me an option to not hear your thoughts. >

"How do you know that?" I asked Effect.

< Don't worry about it. I'll try to "bleep" out your thoughts so i don't invade personal space and privacy. >

"Good." As i slurp down the last of the noodles. And getting ready to also absolutely destroy the soup that's left in the noodle-less bowl.

Hmm... I'mma train for a bit... Seems it will probably take off the pressure of that decision. I'm just so conflicted. 

"Effect. Let's train." I told him. 

< Very well. And after that, let's scout some of the new students of U. A coming in. >

"Wait, what?" I spat my soup a little bit.

< What? Let's see if the students that you're gonna "teach" in that school will be worthy of your attention. Not bad eh? Come on. You're an expert in scouting. >

"Not a bad suggestion Effect." As i stand up from the chair and as i jump to a rooftop.

I disappeared from my spot and went to an abandoned soccer field where it's a perfect place to test out my destructive abilities on useless debris.

< Okay. Here's another suggestion for a new ability. Try using Wind Solidification to make weapons. Or make invisible meteor. That would be awesome if you can pull that off. >

"Okay. Wind Solidification: Wind Spikes!" As i swing my left hand in the air.

Then the white spike came out of the ground and went super high in the air. Amazed by my discovery, i tried to move it from the ground and try to rotate it.

And lo and behold, i can move it from the ground and rotate it. And i can also adjust how tall and how long the spikes will be. Awesome. A new versatile weapon to use against anyone. 

< Now try making a big ball made of wind. And for best results, try to make it invisible. Since you know, they can't see wind. >

"Alright. Wind Solidification!" I grasp my hand again in the air expecting something to happen.

And..... Nothing. 

"Uhh..." I said awkwardly. 

< I guess my suggestion made you look like a weirdo. Apologies. >

"Damn it." I cursed. "I'm kinda getting excited to check out the new students now..."

< Then we can do more training tomorrow. Let's go there now. >

Since i don't know where the hell U. A High School supposed to be, i'll just try to run and check my GPS for the location. It's been such a long time since i was in the 100-meter radius of that school.

I pulled out my phone and i typed in the search bar "U. A High School". There! 2 hours away... In the northeast apparently. Okay. I'll just get running. 

"Let's go." I jumped in the air and started to use the wind to make me fly. And here i go as i fly to the "legendary" U. A.

At the gates of U. A...

< You know, we could see a lot of students with overwhelming amounts of potential. >

"Damn it, i know that already. Not everyone can get into this school." I barked back. 

I looked around and i see a lot of students. Most of them... Are wearing not hero costume and probably wearing their pajamas or something. I guess a dress code is needed.

"Effect. Can you like... Identify quirks by just looking at them?" I asked Effect.

< No. But i'll observe the students and then guess their quirks. If that even answers your question. > 

"Alright," I answer back until then... A voice. A super familiar voice. "Wait. Is that who i think it is?" 

As i keep hearing out the voice, i try my darn best to identify who the hell is that loud-ass voice belongs to. But it didn't take long for me to find out who it is.