Twelve

The two cops reached Ashton's lake house and got out of the car, locking it.

"What if he isn't here?" Ty asked the head officer which is named Sam.

"Thet we'll have to bring in the CSI's." he smiled sympathetically. "Enough talking and let's get to work."

They both took out the guns they had in their pocket, getting ready to attack.

"Come on," he whispered lowly.

Ty stood beside the door at the left while Sam stood at the other side.

"Ar the count of 3," Sam said and Ty nodded. "1 . . . 2 . . . 3, go!" he counted down then shouted.

Sam kicked the door with his left foot Ty following behind.

"You check upstairs and I'll be down," Sam ordered. Ty sneakily went upstairs, going to every room.

"Calum, it's been thirty minutes," Luke said worriedly, bouncing his leg up and down on the couch.

"Luke, calm down they'll be here soon." Calum assured, trying to hide his guilt,"You okay?"

Luke groaned throwing his head back on the couch,"My stomach hurts."

"Shall I take you to a doctor?"

"No, I'll be fine."

Calum nodded,"If it doesn't get better in thirty, I'm taking you."

Luke nodded and shot his head when Zach's phone started ringing.

"hello? Yeah. Okay sure. Yeah, I'll let them know," Zach nodded his head. He hung up the phone and looked at the couple. "They haven't found them yet."

Luke nodded, tears threatening to stream down his face.

"Luke," Calum said. Luke tuned his head finding his husband looking down. "I'm sorry, it's all my fault."

"No, Calum." Luke put a hand on his cheek. "it's not your fault, you were right. we were gonna have to trust Ashton again someday but yesterday just wasn't the time."

Calum shook his head, a single tear strolled down his face,"It's all my fault, we should've told Niall, anyone except Ashton. I'm so sorry."

Luke put his forehead on Calum's forehead, feeling the skin-to-skin contact.

"Calum," Luke pecked his lips, cal's eyes still shut. he opened his eyes. "It'll be okay."

Suddenly the door bell rang.

"I'll get it." Calum said.

He got up, glaring at Zack then heading to the door. The unknown knocked on the door twice. "Coming, coming!" Calum shouted.

He twisted the knob, finding Ashton and Ariana, Ashton holding her hand while she was grinning.

"What's going on here? Why are there cops in here?" Ashton said confusedly.

this is short, i know and I apologise, but I had to leave it in a cliffhanger >:•) my school started which means back to once a week updates :/