Forty Five

"Hey Luke," Michael's soft voice woke Luke up from his sleep.

Luke slowly opened his eyes,"Michael, hey."

Michael grabbed a chair and sat down next to Luke,"How are you feeling?"

"I'm not sure," Luke smiled. "Pretty fine for now."

"That's good, that's good," Michael said.

"You're here to ask what happened with Calum, aren't you?" Luke asked.

"Yes, but also to check up on you."

"How's Arianna? Where is she? Is Calum with her? Where is Calum? He's supposed to be here with me," Luke panicked. "Oh my god, you're here to give me bad news about him aren't you? Oh my god. Was he in a car accident? Is he oka—"

"Luke, Luke!"

Luke's head snapped to the side.

"Calum and Arianna are fine," the heavy weight on Luke's chest decreased. "I'm just here to ask what happened between you two. Calum won't say. Also, Calum and Arianna are living with us until your due date."

Luke sighed in relief, and started talking about how he wanted to stay here. And how he didn't want to bother Calum with bringing him in and out.

"You know Calum loves you, right? No matter what?"

Luke shrugged,"At times, I don't feel it. At all."

Michael sighed sadly,"I'm so sorry. Do you want me to get him here?"

"Please. Every second of not seeing him makes me feel like I'm about to choke. I need him here."

Michael kissed his forehead,"I'll be back as soon as I can. I love you."

Luke smiled,"I love you, too."

With that, Michael left.

Five minutes later, a nurse with blonde hair walked into his room. "Luke Hood?"

"That's me."

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine."

"Aches?"

"No."

"None at all?"

Luke nodded,"At all."

"Has the baby kicked?" As she was talking and asking questions, she was writing down on her notepad (what Luke guesses) his conditions and answers to her questions.

"Three times already."

The nurse nodded,"I see. Does it hurt?"

"When the baby kicks? Not really."

"That's good." The nurse, Babiln (her tag name read), replied. "If you were in ache or needed help, click the red button to your side. I will be coming to check up on you every five hours or so to check your condition."

Doubting whether or not to ask the question he's been dying to ask since he found out he was pregnant, Luke decided to just get it over with,"Am I going to die?"

"Maybe," the nurse replied with no emotion at all. She finally looked up from her notepad and said,"See you in five hours."

Luke's mouth was open agape. Is that even an answer nurses are supposed to answer with such questions? Aren't they supposed to assure their patients that they'll be fine? Oh god.

***

At least four hours later, his door opened without a knock and Luke's pretty sure that the death soul is here to take him.