Barbecue party

🐬Kai: a haft hour later 🐬

My stuff arrive with other stuffs that I don't remember having, must be from my fans.

I take out the grill and start cooking in the backyard.

"Hmm. Hmm."

I hummed silent looking at my octopus that I was frying and close my eyes dazedly.

"Aneki!!"

I was snap out of my thought when I was called out by a child, it was Kasumi that was grinning happily as she skip toward me before giving me a big hug.

"Congrats if taking home another gold medal!"

She congratulated me before giving me a rapped gift.

"Thanks Kasumi, you don't really need to bother giving me anything."

I pat her head that made her blush lightly and chuckle at this but then I remember I'm grilling the octopus and meat.

...

🐱Tatsumi🐱

"I can't believe she's your adopted cousin!"

The merman in the tub say in wonder with his tale flipping in the water surface.

I can't believe she's shameless to ask to sleep with a merman just because of water.

I thought as I sigh, the scent of barbecue slowly spreading from the slightly open window.

"Ahh... she's grilling octopus BBQ."

I can't help but gap a mouthful of saliva from the alluring scent of my favorite food coming from the yard.

"MEAT!!!??"

Wakasa cants help but drool at the scent and tries to look at the window but fearing that someone will see a merman in my house and that they will take him away to be a lab, I pull him back.

"Are you trying to get yourself kidnap?"

I can feel my hair standing just touching his slimy skin. But I control it or else this merman will be a goner.

"B-but..."

He pout with teary eyes.

"Hey do you guys want the BBQ with veggies and fruits?"

Our bike almost jump out of our skin when we heard Kai spoke from the bathroom door while holding a plate full of octopus BBQ and Steak.

"Onii-San and Fish-san! Aneki BBQ is the best!"

My little sister emerge from behind her with a stick of barbecue on her hand and a few soy sauce on her face.

"Here, I'm going to cook more if you want... through I don't think we can eat all those by ourselves."

Kai give me the plate with octopus barbecue and the steak to Wakasa who happily eat it.

"Thank you~"

He beam with food on his mouth.

"You welcome and tatsu."

She look at me as she start.

"I heard you have other friends..."

Her eyes become full when she mention friends, she don't mean I'll by this but the thought of other mystical creature just sound crazy for her.

"I don't really believe in merman or other creatures but since they are your friends dear cousin I'll reconsider meeting them."

She smiled at me as she say this.

But being called cousin by her makes my mood drop.

To why I never really understood because I always felt like this way around her.