The Great Escape

Me: Hiya people, Chari here! Before I start ranting let me tell you that this is not a romance story, more of a family thing.

Law: You can gain that much from the title, Chari.

Me: Be quiet, Law.

Law: I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.

Me: -.- That's very funny. Anyways, I do not own One Piece, Eiichiro Oda does! Kieru is mine though. Enjoy! :)

***************************************************************************************************************

Tears flowed down my face washing away at least a bit of the thick red liquid that covered my whole body. I looked at my hands that literally dripped with it, I had taken so many lives that I lost count a few years ago and all I could was cry, cry till my eyes burnt with tears. The expressions on my victims faces would be burnt my mind for years to come, I doubt I would be able to forget them till I die myself. I’m only 12 years old, whatever have I done to deserve such a life? A life where I am forced to obey cruel commands like a machine that cannot think for itself, because if even one command was not carried out endless torture awaited for that person; that’s what my life is. I am cursed with the power that power-hungry people crave for and so I live this life.

“Kieru, why have you stopped? There are still people that need to be saved, kill them, Kieru.” A voice said over the loudspeaker in the room. I stared at the glass beside me, I couldn’t see what was happening on the other side but I knew that it was where he sat in his chair, watching my every move. I was just a guinea pig to him, an experiment that he loves to play with; I do not know his real name, I just him as the Emperor. I turned to the two grown men in prison suits cowering in the corner of the room, looking traumatized to the maximum, I couldn’t blame them. I suddenly felt extremely angry, I straightened up my turquoise bangs shadowing my eyes, the whites in my eyes began to turn black and my irises turned a blood red. I wasn’t going to go down without a fight, I’m gonna get my freedom.

“Kieru, what are you doing?” came the voice again.

“Break.” I said and the wall opposite the viewing glass tore away and left a huge gaping hole that lead to the corridor on the other side. I looked at the two that looked even more terrified and nodded towards the hole, they seemed to get the message and ran out of it, after giving me a small glance. I ran out after them and navigated the corridors before arriving at the massive double door entrance of the base, I pushed them open and ran outside.

The alarms were blaring in the base behind me and I didn’t care, I just kept on running, it was all I could do, for now. The outside world was new to me, I’ve only seen it through the barriers people call windows. All around me people were looking toward the base, frightened expressions on their faces, confused about all the noise was about, little did they know that it was all because of me some random kid on the street except I wasn’t some random kid I was a murderer on the loose. I had to find a place because any moment the guards would come out looking for me.

“Why are there, guys dressed as Quarantine Patrol, there’s nothing remotely nuclear here?” somebody asked, he was dressed in a cream color jumpsuit and wore a pink and blue hat with triangular sunglasses. There were others near him dressed similarly and I wondered why they were like that, I saw the guards and they saw me. One jabbed a finger at me and motioned to his friends, the guys in jumpsuits turned to me too but I had already started running away. I heard a bullet whoosh past my ear and I growled, focusing my power on a section of a wall from a building on the street, I jerked my hand towards the guards following me and the section crashed into them sending them all flying. That felt quite satisfying, I kinda want to do that again now but I would have to wait for more guards to appear, it would also increase my chances of getting caught. I kept on running when I knocked head first into a wall making me fall backwards on the ground, at least I think it was a wall; oh, it’s a person.