Chapter Six: 3 o'clock at the library

Any other day of school would best describe my surroundings. Students carry their books from their locker while some just leave it there. Ordinary days like this are boring but that’s what kind of person I am, boring. In this hallway people live their lives, students prepare every day for a war, regardless of its kind. I stood near the CR and waited for Bailey to come out. I chose to pose outside rather than hear gossips about me inside.

I saw a girl stumbled and tripped, though she was assisted by a guy and helped her up. I can see how the girl is embarrassed at the same time thankful; her flustered face tells it all. ‘Ahh.. disgusting love’ I thought and then I remembered what Bailey once told me about love. I’m too young for that, I have at least ten years to search for Mr Right, I thought. And besides, I don’t think I can trust anyone to share a commitment with.

I stare plain fully to the students who I sometimes don’t understand, their laughs, their anger and even the way they lie to each other. How pathetic they look and pretend I thought. Teenagers are full of drama, according to my research. They seek attention, popularity and many trivial things. Although I’m not dissimilar to them, the thing about me is I seek acceptance, I think.

“Oopss sorry, Waited a long time?” Bailey startled me behind

“Well, as always” I replied and fixed my hair down.

She apologized and told me about what other girls was talking about inside the restroom. I was right, sometimes I thought of being a fortune teller but that would be absurd. I remained silent and placed a poker face while she continues her stories. She offered me a candy and it’s my favourite, she really knows how to tame me when I’m in a bad mood. I guess she’s still thinking about our cancelled date, which I am still a bit pissed off about. Pleasing me is her specialty. I don’t know why but I do think sometimes I’m being played. I’m confident with my intelligence though.

She treated me a chocolate bar which made it obvious that this was her making-up-for –what-happened scheme.

“Are you trying to make up with me?” I asked.

“Well..pretty much, yes” She said and smiled.

“Heh.. So this is your way of making up to me..” I said as I rolled my eyes upward then side.

“Rose! I am being sincere here” She said while making a pout look.

“Ohh.. so you made me your pet guinea pig and give me bribes. You know I have a sweet tooth.” I replied

“Darn! plan A failed” She mumbled as she turned and faced back to me. But I could hear her.

“I told you it's okay” I assured her

“Really then why are you like that?”

“Like what Bailey? I’m always like this.”

We remain arguing while walking. I really can’t hide my emotions to Bailey, I don’t know how she does it but she just figure everything out about me.

“ I’m Sorry. What can I do for you to forgive me?” She pleads as her hands were clasped above her head which is bowed down. She lifted her head only to find out I was nowhere near her. She looked sideways to find me. The moment she found me she hurried to my side.

“Hey! Rose?”

“what?”

“Were you even listening?” She said as I find a tint of irritation from her tone.”Come on we’re cool right? You’re just –“

I stopped and stared at something that caught my attention. A journal set with a plain expensive looking pen. It was the only thing I wanted to spend my money. If not for the reservation in our ‘music date’ just past the next town in Leviston I would’ve spent it for this. And now this expensive writing material is now in front of me. I knew I should take this advantage.