Chapter Seven: Rumoured Boyfriend

Three days had passed and Ryan had started to understand bits of algebra, I mean if he doesn’t, I’ll kill him. We shared those past two days arguing. He can’t tell anything unless you point it out to him. He makes me furious whenever he teases me. He was always smiling even if I was torturing him, giving him a lot of seat works to do. I expected him to be at least pissed off to me once, while I am in devil mode but he always smirks at me the whole period. Maybe he’s a pure masochist.

There were neither girls chatting beside us nor girls who just wanted Ryan’s attention after I exploded to them. Although I can see them sneaking a peak at Ryan’s every movement but I don’t care as long as they don’t annoy me, anything’s fine. The library I used to know, I used to spend my whole free time was temporarily destroyed. It was replaced by a library with echoing sounds of my voice and his, him laughing and me getting mad while lecturing. It developed a new image of the library. I’m not one to hate it, in fact I like it. What I thought would last forever lasted in a blink of the eye. I can’t deny it, but I am enjoying this. Every time a long silence would last for even just a minute, he would make a joke, a joke that only he himself would laugh.

He Haunts me. I don’t know why but I remember last night; I heard his laugh in my room, I remember every single action he did. I don’t know why, it’s not like I was not staring at him the whole day, or was I? aurggg..okay maybe yes, I find his laughter sexy- but it’s just weird how it makes me conscious, how it makes me embarrassed and how it makes me feel relief, in a way, and comfortable.

Ryan always picks me up at my last class. He carries my books-at first I refused to give it to him but he succeeded anyway- follows me whenever I go, just like a house-dog, we became a trio in lunch, together with Bailey. He annoys me to death in front of everybody and he makes conceited description about himself whenever he feels like it. I adapt to that behaviour of his, I couldn’t make him stay away from me but if I can I would, definitely.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….

I fixed my hair down as I went out of my room. Becky is preparing to go to work too.

“You’re early today” I went down the stairs and greet her.

“Today I have a meeting but I’ll be back before seven. Uh Rose, can you cook dinner tonight? Please” She said while putting her shoes on.

“Got it” I said as I waved goodbye

I walked to the kitchen and got Becky’s toasted bread. I saw Sam who just woke up and got down.

“Hey, You want some?” I offered him a piece of bread

“Nah, I’m good. I’d be poisoned if I ate it anyway”

“What!? What’s that supposed to mean?” I exclaimed “I was being friendly you know?” I shouted

He rubbed his head and head to the bathroom leaving me without response. He is such an ass’ I thought.

After I finished my meal, I brushed my teeth and went to school. I saw Allyson, who I think lives near our neighbourhood. I always see her every Sunday before going to church.

I walked passed them and figured out why she was so pissed off early in the morning. She’s having a fight with her current boyfriend. She change boyfriend frequently, and when I mean frequently it means every week. When she saw me she smirked and yelled “Eavesdropping!?”

I smiled to her “Good Morning!” I response back and turned my back. It was a classic way of pissing her off.

To my surprise her boyfriend seems to greet back with the following words “ Rose Campbell live in this neighbourhood?”