-18-

As my eyes roamed around the place I spotted the rascal. Marie

Now I understood why Joey was going agitated and shit. I wanted to say something but Joey told me not to say anything if I ever see Marie anywhere. I panicked for a bit but tried not to make Joey recognise. I took at a better look at who was with her. It was a guy, of course. But the guy seemed too familiar for me.

Until I remembered! That one time when I was at Dunkin Donuts I think, when I saw her with some dude, at that time she was still dating Joey. I figured out he was the guy she cheated on Joey with. He's the guy that was with her the time I saw them at Dunkin Donuts a few weeks ago.

I decided to start a conversation with Joey since there was silence between me and Joey, which was super weird since I and Joey used to never run out of talks. I glanced at Joey trying to think of a conversation to start. Until something stupid hit me up but I guess I should give it a try.

"So, how was life without me when you started dating Marie?" I hate myself for this.

"I thought I was happy with her and shit, but I really wasn't,"

"It wasn't easy without you honestly," He chuckled, but I could tell it was fake, aw.

"What about you?" He returned the question, damn.

"Well," I paused for a sec,

"I was...I was going through a hard time without you," His face softened as I said that,

"Oh my god, I am so sorry for that," He looked down,

"No, it's actually okay," I lied, that shit was not okay, AT ALL.

"I mean, you came back after all," I continued,

Oh even if he did, stuff will still never be the same as before. I was hurt at this right minute but I couldn't show my weak side to Joey. Especially right now.

Then it went silent again, I really don't know what to talk about anymore.

...

The waiter came with our foods, the alfredo pasta and the pepperoni pizza that Joey ordered. He placed my plate in front of me as it was starting to face me now, then placed Joey's plate in front of him as we both thanked him before he left.

My plate looked wonderful, honestly. Why is food so gorgeous like that. Ugh.

I grabbed my fork and started eating. Everything was silent, the only thing I could hear was people in the restaurant chatting with each other. I looked over a very happy couple, as the guy was holding her hand over the table they were sitting in front of. The girl was actually very gorgeous, as the guy was pretty good looking too.

I looked over Joey who was busy on the phone while eating his pizza and would give some stares at Marie and whoever the fuck she was with. I wanted to start a conversation with him but I wasn't even in the state anymore so I just ate my pasta like nothing was bothering me when in actuality loads of stuff were bothering my state of mind at that exact moment.

The fact that Joey brought us to a place that Marie was at. Or the fact that he knew damn well she was here. Or the fact that he's still head over heels for her. Why I can't be Marie. This girl really doesn't know how lucky she actually is.

Joey, the basketball team captain, the literal most charming guy at our school, the guy all the girls at our school are drooling over. She was literally the only girl that Joey laid his eyes on. Because Joey is not the type of guy who likes any type of girl. He needs a girl who's way too perfect. Which is definitely not me.

...

Ugh, all of this made me lose my appetite. I just wanna leave Joey and this whole dumb restaurant right now. I already hate this place. I need to go to the bathroom. So I get up without even notifying Joey because I don't even feel like conversing with him right now.

"where are you going?" Joey asked as I was getting up,

"to the bathroom," I replied without even glancing at him,

As I approached a waitress I questioned where I could find the bathrooms at since the I am pretty new to the place.

"it's right over there," he replied politely,

I thanked him and started heading to where he pointed at. As I entered the bathroom. I saw a rascal, Marie, putting on her famous rose lipgloss from Sephora. I just hope it's not fake. As I was going to get into a stall she looked over me and I could've sworn she had lasers in her sights she had put through me. I locked my stall and I just had a mental breakdown there. Not even caring about whatever the hell Marie has to say about me.

I sat on the toilet seat and placed my head on my hands and sobbed quietly. Why is it a one-sided love? This all damages so much. I wish I could just stop all of this and get over with it. But it's not easy. I got up and fixed myself getting ready to get out of that stall. Marie wasn't there anymore which is honestly very great.

And there in the bathroom, I try not to fall apart and this sinking feeling starts as I stand hopelessly. I look at my self in the mirror. I feel bored with what I am seeing in the mirror. I need a little bit of a makeover. No, I am not changing myself for Joey, I want to impress myself, cause honestly I don't even feel like fascinating Joey neither anyone anymore. I fixed my hair a little bit to make it look better.

I got my phone out of my jean pockets to check my notifications, I had 56 messages from 'favourites' which is a group chat that includes me, Naya, Michelle & Tolin. My best friends, duh.

As I read the messages quickly, I saw a message from Naya telling us to come over to her house later tonight. Cause she got some news to tell us? I guess. I told them I am out with someone but I didn't say Joey cause I know damn well my phone will blow up if I said his name so I'd rather tell them at Naya's house today. And that I'll be coming over tonight so no worries. Typical stuff.

-

my story is so cringe. who gon tell me?