Claws Up, Teeth Barred, Fight!

Their bodies clashed when they traded the first bites and slashes in their fight for the alpha title. While Crimson had been thinking of Trace, Aiden, and Tristen, Orion took it upon himself to explain the bet to the instructor, and he was going to have us fight until one knocks the other out, and explained to the rest of the class that this was a battle for the highest rank. Alpha. Crimson still didn't really know why Orion had bet his rank on her other than to show off but she figured it'd be good for him to get his tail whooped by a girl. 

As Orion jumped over Crimson to get to her tail, she jumped off the ground when he was right over her and rammed his belly, which knocked the breath out of him. He landed in a gasping heap at the base of the tree I'd been climbing earlier. As he stood up, Crimson got an idea. She started running at him at full speed and he did the same, but right before they slammed into each other, she scaled him and jumped onto the lowest branch in the tree. He circled below her as she climbed her way up to the top. Then, when she was at the highest she could get and still jump down safely she leapt out of the tree and landed on his back, surprising him.

She dug her claws into his back as he rolled on her causing her dig them deeper into his skin. He rolled again, putting her on his back once more, then bit her front paw and flipped her off him. She rolled away just as his teeth came down towards the face. As he was struggling to get his teeth out of the ground, Crimson bit his tail and yanked it as hard as she could. The force of the pull caused him to jerk out of the ground with a mouthful of dirt and grass. 

He spat it out and growled, "Jerk."

His eyes were gleaming softly and when Crimson got glimpses of herself she could see her fur starting to do the same and figured her eyes were glowing. His claws were sharp and he'd managed to get some good hits on her but Crimson could tell she was winning the fight.

She swung her head to the side and flung him into the tree she'd climbed, which was only a few feet away. As his back back slammed into the trunk she could hear soft cracks and pops and when he fell to the ground there was a dent in the barck where his body had hit it. She let go of his tail and paced away from him preparing for his next attack. He stood up with a renewed rage in his eyes, and that's when she realized he'd been trying to wear her out. 

Crimson heard Trace's dad's voice in her head, "Bluff your opponent out. Make him think they've won, then when they let their guard down, you have a weapon. Surprise. No matter how tight of a squeeze you're in, surprise will always be your best friend." She started panting heavily to make him think that he'd succeeded, she bent her head and continued panting even when she heard him run at her. Crimson let him ram her shoulder, and rake his claws down her side to make him think she'd given up. Then when she clawed at him she missed on purpose to make him think her aim was off to sell the act.

She pretended to stagger then fall on the ground. When she felt her body hit the grass she closed her eyes. 

I heard Orion say to the instructor, "I won Snowfire. You can declare me Alpha now,"  she then stood up as quietly as she could and softly padded behind Orion. 

She was standing right behind him and heard Snowfire say "Orion, you have many things to learn. One of them is, never turn your back on your opponent."

His face went blank for a split second as she jumped on Orion's back and bit the back of his neck as deeply as she could. She then flipped herself backwards and pushed him as hard as she could when she was on my back, and sent him somersaulting into the trees. He came staggering back looking mad, shocked, and confused at the same time. 

"You were down. I knocked you out. I won." he said, very confused.

"Might wanna check your crystal ball again. I was never unconscious. I was faking," She said as she lunged him again, "As far as I'm concerned this fights lasts until one of us is unconscious so it's still going."

This time he was ready though and while he dodged most of her claws, she still managed to put four deep, jagged cuts down his side. As she went past she grabbed his tail in her teeth and swung him into another tree and as he was dazed she jumped onto a branch above him, jumped down in front of him, slammed his back on the tree trunk with her front two paws, putting a crack up the tree. With him pinned she slashed his shoulders then proceeded to grab them and throw him to the ground. He clawed at my belly, and she avoided the attack but he managed to rake her ribs with three claws. He rolled out of her reach and caught her tail in his jaws, and flung me into the tree I'd thrown him into. I heard a series of cracking and popping as the tree began to fall.

"Orion! Move!" She yelled pushing him away, "The tree is gonna fall!" When he heard that, he dug his claws into the leg closest to him, and pulled Crimson to safety just as the tree crashed to the ground. 

Once it was down, he didn't waste time trying to knock her out though. She rolled around and pushed him away from her and he lunged. At the very last second, she jumped over him and he hit his head on the trunk of the felled tree. He sat up and shook his head, as she jumped on his back causing him to slam into the trunk once again. This time though when she got off of him, he flopped to the ground limply, unconscious.

She headbutted him hard to make sure he wasn't faking it like she'd done. He wasn't, and Crimson was declared Alpha.

Her fur was matted and bloody even to the color didn't show on her black coat. It did however, on Orion's. His white fur was now a dark red and a tangled, matted mess of broken skin and matted fur. The other rogues were staring at Crimson with awe and Stormflare was shaking his head slightly. 

After she won, the instructor took Orion to the healers den before he actually died. Crimson had made sure to avoid any major arteries so he was gonna be fine. She was sure his ego would be bruised as well as his body but he'd live. The rest of the day was spent alone down by the creek while they waited for the others to come back from hunting. The first day of training with her new pack and she was already Alpha. Tristen, Trace, and Aiden would be proud.