Fragility of Nature

Shin-Hye stood up and dressed herself in new robes. A pale pink hanbok skirt and pale blue hanbok top. It was different then her last one...it was sadder, gentler and more humble.

Shin-Hye had seen death with her own eyes for the first time.

"Remember, let no man lay a finger on her." Shin-June told Minato finally as he left, "if it were to happen then her birthright could become null!"

Shin-June was gone. He had left claiming that he needed to make sure that their Uncle was not planning to attack the Land of Red Leaves.

She clasped her hands together as she prayed.

With one final moment of mourning she reached into her soul to find the last of her strength and joined the rest of Team Minato.

"I must return home. Without a ruler my people will fall." Shin-Hye stated emotionlessly. She both sounded and looked dead. Her elegant porcelain features had paled considerably from the previous day. "There will be no political wars since they will all wait for me to return."

"You mean that they refuse to have a ruler unless it's you?" Minato pondered thoughtfully, "this is because of the Phoenix Mark isn't it...?"

She nodded numbly.

"It is the only thing that they will blindly follow." Shin-Hye trailed off quietly. "In my nation the Royal Family represents absolute purity and perfection. We have strict rules and traditions to follow... the result of these traditions is the unwavering faith my people have in them."

Members of the royal family must be virgins-if they are the Crown Heir-so that when they ascend to throne their chosen partner may be gifted with their whole body and soul, not the remainder of what had already been given. (Basically they can't have sex before marriage)

These traditions are what made her father being king possible. Her mother had been abstinent until their marriage.
And when the time came she bestowed her Phoenix Mark unto her father.

"For the sake of your safety can you give us a hint of what the Phoenix Mark is?" Rin pleaded.

Shin-Hye lowered her head, "I am not permitted to say. Only this I can provide you with: the Phoenix Mark is a seal."

And she turned to walk away.

"Sensei...will she be alright?" Obito asked quietly.

"I don't know..." Minato sighed, "things like this are difficult to accept. Losing someone who was well loved is hard to accept. Losing all of them is even harder."

-

"Your Majesty..." Shin-June bowed, "Lady Shin-Hye was failed to be captured and her whereabouts are unknown." He lied. He had returned to the Land of Fireflies to try and lead their uncle off Shin-Hye's trail.

"My nephew...you dare lie to me?"

"I wouldn't dream of it." Shin-June bowed as a bead of sweat dripped down his face.

"Good." His cruel uncle grinned as he circled behind Shin-June, "but just to be sure..."

Schhhhhnk!!!

The sound of pierced flesh rung throughout the throne room.

"U....uncle?" Shin-June gasped as his eyes fell upon the sword that had impaled him through the heart.