The Scandal of Fireflies

When Shin-Hye awoke she was lying on a futon. Blinking several times she sat up and examined her surroundings.

Where am I?

She was in a foreign room. One that she's never been in before.

"Ah, you're awake!" Rin smiled as she bowed clumsily, "I tended to your hands while you slept...I'm sorry for not asking!"

Shin-Hye blinked, "why are you apologizing? You helped me..."

Rin smiled, "Well, it's normal for any medic to get consent unless it's like a really bad emergency..." she rambled.

"Thank you." Shin-Hye smiled softly, "I'm sorry about what happened earlier..."

"Oh no it's fine." Rin shook her head. "Sometimes Kakashi needs a little wake up call... that reminds me!" She leaned in to whisper, "I think that Kakashi feels sorry, he just won't admit it."

Shin-Hye scowled, "then what's the point of being sorry." And she stood up, "where are we?"

"We arrived a a village bordering the outskirts of the Land of Red Leaves 🍁." Rin informed, "it took us the rest of yesterday to cross and leave the Land of Fireflies."

"I meant this building."

"Oh, we're at an inn."

Shin-Hye nodded, "so that means we're still endanger of being attacked... the safest place is our capital city."

"Your what?" Blinked Obito as he burst in.

"Capitol city. It's where the Dragon Palace is." Shin-Hye explained, "it's where I live..."

"Oh." Obito nodded in understanding, "and where is that?"

"The center of the Land of Red Leaves, Soul city." She told him, "but the outskirts of our borders are completely made up of mountains we'll need to climb or walk around..."

Minato spoke up, "We'll probably have to climb them. Your uncle will probably send more hired ninja after you and will be expecting us to take the easier route."

"Minato-sensei! When did you get here?" Rin exclaimed in surprise.

Minato smiled sheepishly, "when the innkeeper was confident I wouldn't do anything to you...how did she put it? 'Innocent maidens'."

"Heehee! Poor sensei. Accused of being a child molester." Rin giggled.

"Minato-sensei would never do something like that!" Obito gawked.

Minato chuckled, "I'm glad you believe me. Now then...have any of you seen Kakashi?"

"I thought he was with you!" Rin frowned.

-

Kakashi sat on top of the inn's roof scowling under his mask and clutching his head in annoyance. Why couldn't he get her voice out of his head.

"Fire style: Phoenix flower jutsu!"

"Y-you bastard!" Shin-Hye cursed as she glared at Kakashi, "you think I don't already know my weakness?! You think I am both naive and ignorant?! I'M NOT!!" She collapsed onto the muddy ground with a scowl. "You think I haven't ever wished I was stronger?! Regretted it hated the fact that everyone around me dies for my sake?!"

"If anyone is ignorant it's you!" She screamed, "acting like you know everything when you don't! Who are you to tell me what I am?! I am weak! I know that! But you ninja aren't...you ninja are capable of doing whatever the hell you want!"