Chapter 8

No, please, I can't write that.

You have to, otherwise you know what we will do.

Do you hate me that much?

It's nothing personal against you, but your not the girl we had in mind for him.

But I love him

That's the problem. You loving him, and him loving you derails our plans

Why are you doing this to your own son?

He'll understand it's for the best 

Aaliyah woke with a start. She looked around the room, and instantly knew where she was. She had hoped last night was a bad dream. She got up, hoping no one else was up, and tried to sneak out of the house. "Aaliyah, where do you think your going?" Aaliyah froze, and turned to look at Chammi. "Chammi, I'm grateful for everything, but my mum must be panicking and wondering where I am. I need to go." "Why are you here Aaliyah? You don't live here." "I'm just here for some work stuff. But now I need to go."  "Wait, come meet my fiancé before you go." Chammi grabbed Aaliyah and took her to Jameel. "This is my friend Jameel, the one I told you about." Jameel and Aaliyah just stared at each other. After all this time, fate had reintroduced them. Everything came rushing back to both, as Aaliyah looked at the floor.

"Hello." said Aaliyah, as she tried to leave. Suddenly, Aaliyah felt like someone had hit her in  the head, as the room started spinning. Suddenly Jameel ran and grabbed her as she fell into his arms. Jameel lay her on the bed as she started crying 

"I  didn't leave you. They made me. Please believe me."

Jameel and chammi left the room, so Aaliyah could sleep. Chammi decided to ring Aaliyah's mum, and tell her everything. Jameels dad came downstairs and  asked Jameel if their guest had left.

"She's not a guest. It's my Aaliyah dad. My Aaliyah."

Jameels dad was shocked. What was she doing here, after all this time?

"Jameel, I don't know why you're so happy. Don't you remember she left you? She told you everything in that letter. She never loved you."

"But that's it dad, I need to know why. Why did she leave me? Why did she use me? Did our love mean nothing?"

"Will knowing it bring you peace? Will the answers give you what you're looking for?" asked Jameels dad, scared his secret might come out.

"I don't know. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. I just have to know."