Chapter 3

Trigger warnings: bullying, yelling, panic attacks, hospitals, blood, abuse, eating disorder
When I woke up, if you could even call it that, I was on the ground. I shifted, but there was so much pain. I think I landed on my wing. After several attempts I finally managed to sit up. I was in a pool of my blood. Black dots appeared in front of my eyes and I knew that I lost a lot of blood. I got up with the help of the wall. My head pounding, my body screaming out in pain with every move I made. I made it the the bathroom and was shocked at my appearance.
I couldn't even recognize myself. You couldn't even see my normal skin tone, everything was black and blue. I looked at my wings reflection. My right one looked like it was bent in an unnatural position, but I had no clue. It was so hard walking with these things on my back, how does everyone manage it? I took a scorching hot shower after taking 4 Tylenol. Wincing as the water made contact with the cuts, but not caring. After wrapping the wounds I put lose pants on then grabbed a too big shirt that I never wear that was actually made for wings on. I had such a hard time moving them, they hung limply. I looked at the clock in my room to see it was almost 1.
Well I'm not going to school today
I laid down to my best ability, put my headphones on blasting music and fell into a restless sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up confused. It was dark, I looked to see it was 3am
Great
I was still in so much pain, the pain seemed worse than yesterday. I looked at my phone to see concerned texts from Patton and angry texts from Logan and Roman
You messed up big time
They absolutely hate you
Patton is just pitying you
They just want a good grade
It hurt to much to move, so I just stayed in my position not moving. I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep so I just watched YouTube.

I must of fell asleep again, because I woke up to my alarm. I knew I should probably get up and go to school but I hurt so much, especially my wing that I'm pretty sure is broken. There's nothing I can do though, I'm not supposed to have wings and the state they are in, well it wouldn't be good.
After several attempts I fall to the ground with a thud, not helping my black and blue state. I grab the pain relievers and downed a bunch, I have no clue how many. I reapply my bandages, once that was done I had to figure out what to do with my wings. I would need to tape them back up, but I hurt to move. I knew I needed to do it, so I grabbed something that could work as a gag, the tape and I started to tape them.

It was really hard to do it myself, but I managed. I felt like there was even more tape than usual but oh well. My wing throbbed under all the tape, but there was nothing I could do. I made sure I brought more pain relievers and I grabbed and apple for later, my school stuff and I was off.

I was in a lot of pain by the time I got to school, it was more mental however. My legs felt like jelly, the voices yelling at me, and I was still feeling faint. Well I finally managed to get to school I had to collapse on a bench. Sadly Jason found me and started to beat me up
It's going to be a long day

After he was done, everything just started to hurt even more. I just laid there staring at the sky, questioning why I haven't actually killed my self yet?
Because you failed at it
You're a failure
Pathetic
Weak
You deserve everything
I do remember trying and failing at killing my self when I was younger. Not trying again after the major beating I got.

I shakily got the pain pills and downed a few more. I then shakily got up and tried to get to the bathroom. When I did, I once again do my daily routine.

I was late for english, but I honestly didn't care. I didn't want to face the others. I walked with my head down, slow because everything sill hurts. When I made it I could tell Ms. Firestone was upset.
"Virgil can I talk to you outside?"
I simply nodded and followed her
"I've been told that you haven't helped your group at all with the project. I know that you have barely done anything in this class that's why I put you with them. I was hoping that they would inspire you. When Roman and Logan told me and you didn't show up for class yesterday," she was shaking her head disappointment clear on her face, "I'm going to give you a chance, but if this continues than I will give you detention and maybe even fail you."
With that she walked in the classroom, I followed soon after and went to where my group was sitting. Patton looked at me pity and sadness in his eyes. Logan had a neutral expression on his face, though you could see a glint of annoyance in them. Roman just looked pleased with a satisfied smirk on his face.
They hate you
Patton spoke up, "we're going to my house after school, meet in the same spot as last time."
I nodded
We then started to work on the project.

Patton was asking a million questions and apologizing about the other day. I said nothing. Lunch I avoided Jason, but he was angry that I wasn't there yesterday, saying 'I didn't have my punching bag yesterday so I need to make up for the time lost'. So I was trying to avoid him, with some success.

Soon the time I was dreading even more care up, after school.

I was heading towards the meet up spot, but before I could start heading there, after my stop at my locker, Jason was dragging me to the beat up spot(behind the school where no one ever goes)
He then beats me up and I take it.

I don't know how long and I could barely drag myself to the spot we had to meet at. I could see all three of them waiting for me. I had to make them wait for 30mins according to my crappy phone.
They're mad at you for making them wait
Roman and Logan were definitely angry, Patton didn't seem to mind.
When they spotted me Roman started yelling at me
"Where were you! We have been waiting for almost an hour!"
"S-s-sorry." I managed to say, head down
"Wow the mistake talks! I'm surprised! I thought that the freak was mute!" Roman yells throwing his arms around in anger.
I winced and started to back up, panic started to bubble up when he kept on yelling at me, prompting him to walk closer to me. Each step he took forward I took backwards.
I couldn't breathe. Logan and Patton were trying to calm him down, but all I saw was dark spots in front of me. I was so lightheaded, when was the last time I ate something? Pain radiated everywhere. I started to have a panic attack which didn't help my light headedness.

I think I started to fall, I don't know. Everything went blurry and then darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Patton's POV

We were trying to calm down Roman. I don't know why he was so mad, we had to wait for my dad to come. He was running late as well as Virgil. I tried to calm him down when I heard a thud. I quickly looked at where it came from

"OH NO VIRGIL!!!!!" I yelled running towards him
That shut both Roman and Logan up(who were arguing) and we rushed to Virgil.

"What do we do Lo?" I asked looking at the smartest one
Logan's beautiful deep blue eyes were calculating, roaming over Virgil's body(not in a bad way u pervs) then started to bark out orders.
"Roman go see if the nurse is still here." Roman nodded and ran towards the school
"We need to check his breathing and pulse. Also since he fell, check his head for wounds."
Logan went for the pulse I shifted Virgil's head in my lap. I was brushing his hair out of his face.
He seems so frail. He's so pale as well
I touched his face and noticed some of Virgil's white face came off on my hand.
He's wearing makeup?
I knew about the eyeshadow, but I didn't know about the foundation. I then noticed something.
"Logan do you have any makeup wipes or something that can be used to remove it?"
"No, but Roman might." Logan looked at me, confusing clear on his face.
That's right! Roman has them for the musicals!
"Can you grab them?" I asked, Logan nodded and started to look for them(Roman dropped his backpack)
He handed them to me and I began to work on removing Virgil's mask.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There was a lot of makeup on Virgil. When it was all off I realized why.
Poor Virgil
His face was black and blue, and so swollen. Logan and I gave an knowing look.
Then Roman and the nurse where running towards us.
"What happened!" The nurse asked while looking at Virgil
Logan launches into the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The nurse does a few things, then asks Logan to call an ambulance.
Logan does so
"What's wrong?" Both Roman and I ask at the same time
The nurse has a sad look, "his pulse is very weak."
Then we played the waiting game.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I told my dad when he got here what happened and now we were waiting for Virgil.
When a doctor and nurse come towards us we all leap to our feet. Hopeful for some good news
"Are you here for Mr. Virgil Night?" The Doctor asks
"Yes" we all repeat to him
"Are you his father?" The doctor asks facing my father
"No, I'm Patton's father," he pointed to me. The doctor nodded
"Virgil will make it, but you can't see him yet. We still have somethings to sort out."
The doctor said, a sad look on his face
"Will you excuse me?" The doctor asks, then starts to walk away. We look to see police coming and the doctor talking to him and pointing to us. They nod and come up to us.
"Hello can we talk to you all?" One of the police officers ask
What in the world was happening?