Chapter Three

I want to say a BIG thank you to everyone who gave WOH a chance, shared it and voted. Thank you very much and I'm so excited to see that this is almost at 30 reads. Thank you everyone.

WARNING
WOH will contain MATURE parts from now. Strong language, strong words, coarse, harsh etc. So please proceed with caution.

♡Being_phatee

"I got the form o" Martha announced from outside, her feet making a to and fro dancing move.

" When Jesus say yes, nobody can say no " seeing that John's shoes were outside, she sang loudly. "When God has done, no man can undo"

"Mama"

Her daughter's called and hurried towards her. She put the form down and helped Amaka bring down her rubber filled with water.

Rebecca put down her own with ease of being used to it. She had been fetching water with that rubber long enough now to know the trick. 

You just have to lower it down slowly while also bending. As you lower the rubber, you lower yourself too little by little.

"Mama why are you dancing?" Amaka wiped her hands on her wrapper and joined her mother in singing.

"I got the jamb form." Mama Rebecca raised the paper and sat on the small joko in front of the varenda. 

Amaka pulled a white bucket from the side and sat on it, her eyes gleaming. "Mama where is it? Where is the form?"

Mama Rebecca smiled. "Nne go and bring water for me let me drink first before you ask me questions naw"

"Mama take" Rebecca who had gone in since their mother returned was bending by the side with a cup of water.

Martha took the cup and swallowed slowly, the water setting inside her stomach like a pool of dread.

She held the file in her hand tighter and contemplated on what to say.

Rebecca had gone back to drying her clothes with an unfazed look and Amaka was perched in front of her mother with eager eyes.

"Rebecca come now" Martha summoned her older daughter who kept her distance. "Why are you still standing there?"

"Mama i want to finish drying papa's clothes first"

"Leave those clothes and come jare." Mama rebecca hissed. "I want to tell you something that will change your life you are there talking about some useless clothes"

Rebecca sighed and hung the last shirt in the bucket. She knew her mother was doing it to rile their father on purpose.

"Mama i am done. Welcome"

"Mama show me the form na. Let me see na" Amaka pulled the envelope.

"Keep quiet joor" Mama rebecca snapped. "Chu chu chu chu chu that is all you know how to do. You cannot keep quiet"

"Sorry ma"

"Rebecca go and bring biro and come and fill this form so we can go to the shop sharp sharp. They will close registration today"

Rebecca pulled herself up slowly and walked into the room. She had noticed that there was only one form in the envelope and her heart sank.

Would she have to give up her education for Amaka again like she did in the past? She could have graduated three years ago but she had to spend extra years at home because their mother could only pay one school fee at a time.