Chapter Seven

Hello everyone. How have you all been? I hope everyone's been safe indoors and for those that HAVE to be outdoors, I hope you remain safe and protected.

So, I know I haven't been the consistent  author. Scratch that, I'm nothing close to that but we are all humans and we have weaknesses. This, I guess is mine lol. Enjoy and don't forget to tell me what you think as the plot deepens!
Stay safe❤

Emeka hastened his step when his eyes caught her familiar figure. He smiled and stopped himself from breaking into a run.

He didn't think she would come especially since she had expressed fear of getting caught earlier.

"Ama my sweet love" He held her by the shoulders and pulled her up. "I thought you wouldn't....."

It wasn't just the tears on her face that stopped him, the glaring red mark on her cheek did too.

"Amaka what happened to you?" He ran a finger gently on the swollen skin, grimacing as she winced. "Amaka who hit you like this?"

"Emeka" Amaka sniffed and threw herself into his arms, ignoring the pain the hit her. "Emeka i love you. I love you very much"

Her hands had gone under his shirt, rubbing and lighting small fires on his skin.

"Amaka talk to me" Emeka caught her hands and pulled them out. "What happened?"

"That's not important" She whispered fervently, trying to catch his lips with hers. They had kissed enough for her to know how it was done.  "Just do what you wanted to do. Let's do it."

Different thoughts were running through her head at that moment. Rebecca had seen her with Emeka and she would no doubt tell their mother about him which could be the end of them.

"No" He held her trouble seeking hands together and raised her chin with his other hand.

Her cheek was badly swollen and bruised as well. An outline of four fingers stared back at him.

"Amaka what happened to you?"

This time, she couldn't stop her sob. Tears streamed from her eyes in an unregistered competition.

"Emeka. My sister saw us earlier this afternoon."

"And she did this to you just because she saw us kissing?"

"Not really. We kind of got into a fight"

"Because of me." He sighed. "Amaka I'm really sorry. I did not mean to get you in trouble."

"I know." She embraced him and laid her head on his chest. "I know Emeka. I know"

She also knew that this could be the last time they met again but she didn't tell him that.

But somethings were better left unspoken.

***********************************

"Ahn Ahn Maman Rebecca you are still here?" Alhaji stepped out his car and walked to Martha who was fumbling with the zip of her purse. He returned his phone to his pocket, making a mental not to transfer some cash to Madame Bose for her small tip.

"Ai I thought you have gone home. Ashe you're still here"

"I just finished some work Alhaji" Martha smiled at the man who she'd painted as a savior in her heart. "Madame is still inside sha or should i call her for you?"