Chapter 6

I was outside the café I knew that once I walked in I would have to face Mike alone as Sidney was visiting her grandparents as a way to escape from her mother's piteous behaviour, I saw him looking cautiously out of the window while he sat there waiting for me to arrive, my legs shook as I stood outside my body wouldn't allow me to walk in but I knew that I needed to.

So, I took a deep breath and slowly walked inside looking around as if I was looking for him, I caught his eye and I saw his perfect blinding white teeth glared back at me, he waved in a friendly way but I knew deep down that he was petrified of this situation, we didn't order drinks we just sat across from each other sitting there in silence.

"Are you ok?" he asked breaking me from my train of thought, I turned to look at him, his short black hair perfectly in place with the work of gel, his blue eyes popping off of his slightly pale skin mesmerized me, I smiled at him and nodded, I was in a trans, it felt like I was looking upon a seen in a film but no its was reality I was truly in this situation.

I suddenly noticed that sadness had cursed him, I had always thought that he was just overly confident in himself, but no, the only reason he acted that was because he was terrified of the fact that sadness followed him where ever he went.

"Leticia?" he said as he place his hand out for me to take, but I refused and turned away from him, I saw the hurt in his eyes as I looked back at him.

"Uh, no I'm fine just noticed a couple of things that's all"

"What kind of things?"

"Uh, oh you know, just your posture that's all, nothing to important" I said and immediately regretted it, I didn't know what the hell I was saying or even why I was saying it. He cocked his head in a questioning way, I expanded quickly as I could see the terror in his expression.

"I just noticed a tinge of sadness as you sit there, I always thought that you had a tinge of narcissism because of the way you hold yourself, but no I was completely wrong, I'm sorry if you're creeped out even more now, I just thought that I should explain myself before you think I'm insane"

"Oh! no its fine, you're actually the only person to have noticed that about me, which is sort of strange since I've only know you for about a day" he said excitedly, a woman came over with drinks for us, I was guessing that he had ordered before I arrived, as there was the number 39, sitting on the edge of the table that seated two. I nervously looked down at my reflection in my coffee, I knew deep down that I would have to start the uncomfortably awkward conversation.

"The last time we saw each other, was at the stage show, but that night you tried to kiss me, why?" I abruptly said, I figured that it caught him off guard since he choked on his drink, spitting some back into his mug as he lowered the mug.

"Well , um, uh, I don't actually know why I did that, I guess I just saw the opportunity and took it by the reigns, you see Leticia I had a feeling that you had a crush on me since I caught you looking at me in class on multiple occasions and I sometimes overheard your conversations with that girl, Cindy is it?"

"Sidney"

"Close enough, but anyways I thought that you wouldn't mind so I tried, but after seeing your reaction I kew it was wrong. I'm sorry"

"Oh, uh, I didn't know that you heard the conversations and saw me. And I thank you for apologising, I was caught off guard since I don't really know you and I would love to get to know you better it was just too fast, you know? I also begged God for years that I would be able to have a real conversation with you and I guess the wish came true" I shrugged my shoulders as I wanted to have a much more pleasant conversation with him and I didn't want to make a scene in the café as there was a lot of people around us in that moment.

"I'm glad you think that, but I just want to warn you that I probably won't live up to your expectations very much, but before I talk about myself let me hear about you, Letcia"

I was flattered by that, nobody's ever taken such an interest in me, since I'm a shy person who only had one friend and rarely spoke in any of my classes, it was surprising that people didn't bully me, since I usually carried around manga and other nerdy things during school. I proceeded to tell Mike about me, nothing too personal but just enough to let him know more about me, Leticia Brewer not some random girl in school who like him.

He payed attention to everything I had to say about myself, he reminded me a lot of Sidney, I wish they could sit down and talk to each other like friends, but I knew deep down that that wouldn't happen for a while.