10- The Wave

Strolling into the place where we waited to be teleport into the area where the wave was going to start, my heart pounded in nervousness.

I will protect everyone I can this time.

"Naofumi sama," Raphtalia started.

The both of us turned to her.

"I'm truly grateful to have met you. You cured my illness and fed me warm meals. You taught me how to live." she ended.

"Your parents won't come back, but we can prevent other kids from going through what you did." Encouraged Naofumi.

"I am your sword. Wherever you go, I will go with you."

I nodded in agreement.

"I guess I'm your pair of guns then..?"

We both giggled.

"I lost my most important person due to the last wave, and I don't want anyone else to experience what I have either. We're in the same boat, Raphtalia."

The dagger, yes, the poorly made one, was the final gift he gave to me before he left this world. I'll never forget the things he did to keep me safe, and how he protected me till-" my voice trembled.

Staring at my vulnerable state, Naofumi and Raphtalia both came over to me.

Raphtalia gave me a hug, and Naofumi gave me a pat on the head while staring at my vulnerable state.

"I'm okay. Thank you guys. If it weren't for your company, I'm not sure where I would've ended up."

As soon as Raphtalia and I broke away from each other, I bit my lip and tried my best to give her a smile.

Then, we were transported over to where the wave had started.

The sky was purple, with pink and light green swirls in the air.

I took a deep breath, and I closed my eyes.

I want to protect everyone.

I will not let anyone that I know of feel pain and sorrow.

Once I opened my eyes, the 3 other heroes were within my vision walking away together.

"Those guys, Raphtalia, Amaya, we're going!"

"But over there, Naofumi sama! It's the village of Lute!"

Squinting my eyes, I indeed saw a village in the distance.

"Have the villagers evacuated?" I asked.

Soon after my question, we saw a flare.

"A flare? They think their job is done once they let the knights know where they are?" He scoffed.

"The castle isn't that far away, but by the time they get there the village will be wiped out. We should go and help them." I told them both.

"Right." They nodded.

After entering the village, it was an absolute mess.

Skeleton like monsters surrounded the villagers and nasty mobs.

I ran over to what seemed like a family nearby and quickly eliminated the monsters.

As they thanked me, I turned my vision over to Naofumi and Raphtalia.

"Raphtalia, go help the villagers evacuate. Amaya and I will keep them safe and give them a safe way out."

She nodded, and I ran over to a tall monster saved an old man from its lowering axe with a few shots of my gun.