18- The Mana Stone

I heard the sound of clinking from the outside of the carriage, so I opened my swollen eyes.

I rubbed them and adjusted to the light of the fire that was lit.

Slowly but surely, my wobbling feet stood on the cold ground and with Naofumi's cloak wrapped around me, I walked towards the clinking.

"Naofumi? What are you doing up so late?" I questioned him quietly, looking back at the other 2 girls that were sleeping together.

Naofumi quickly hid the objects he was working on behind him and looked up at me.

"I was working on something. You? Couldn't sleep anymore?"

I sat down beside him and I took in a deep breath.

"Yeah."

It was silence, and my vision always lingered on his green eyes.

I peered into the emerald sea of care and I suddenly thought about something.

I've definitely seen these eyes before, but I don't know where.

"Amaya, are you alright? Is there something on my face?" He asked.

I shook my head no and looked at my lap again.

"I just feel like I've met you before... Somewhere." I fiddled with my thumbs.

He tensed but relaxed shortly after.

"Must have been a part of a dream you had or something."

I shrugged.

"It might have been. But I don't know.. It's like there's something else behind it."

Naofumi stood up and stretched, then walked towards the 2 sleeping girls.

It's going to be a pretty long day today, so we should start to get going.

I nodded and stood up too, taking a glimpse of the rising sun behind the mountains before walking over and joining Naofumi in waking the 2 up.

Last time we had gone to the town where the lady who knew spells were, she had said she didn't have any mana stones that would be needed for Filo's clothing, so we were going to go fetch some today. We were supposed to leave yesterday, but I guess things kind of popped up. Naofumi helped a man deliver medicine, and by the time he got back, it was already late.

Not to mention, I had a little bit of a breakdown as well.

Since that happened, our little mission was delayed. However, we are getting ready to go right now! So we can still complete the mission.

I smiled at the face of our new and littlest member, Filo.

"It's time to wake up you guys!" I whispered happily.

When Raphtalia's eyes opened, I grinned at her before shaking Filo awake.

"We're going on the mission today, so get ready quick! The last thing I want is for us to go broke having to buy Filo new clothes every time she gets too excited to break them."

"Oh yeah, Amaya. We actually sold some things that the villager gave us for taking him to his mother. So we're actually okay on money now."

My eyes widened. Was I really that deep of a sleeper to miss all of that?

"Wow. I must really be a deep sleeper to miss all of that then. You guys went back to the village to sell the stuff?"

They all nodded and I rubbed the back of my head, sort of embarrassed.