Starting The School Year!

I felt like this would be an appropriate chapter for the first chapter of the book, and at the time I'm writing this, it's pretty much back to school season for most of us anyway, so yeah, what a great first chapter.

Anyway, in high school movies starting the school year- they make it look like whoever our main character is, is getting ready for I don't know what, but it isn't school. I mean, from what I have seen, correct me if I'm wrong over the summer the main character has had some kind of glow up, there's some pretty music in the background, some even sing about going to school.

Yeah, in my movie which I like to call 'real-life' the start of the school year is by no means like it is in the actual movies.

Chances are, because you've been going to sleep late all summer, you barely had any (or didn't) sleep the night before the first day, so when you get up, you're not getting up to pretty music, you're getting up to the sound of your one of your parents or some kind of family member or someone you live with telling you it's "the first day of school" or your alarm clock.

You get up and you're either one of those people who is super pumped and organised for the first day or you're one of those people who don't have a trucking clue and still haven't packed their school bag.

When you get to school there's no magical reunion with your friends because chances are you've been texting them either on your phone or on some kind of social media, so you just see each other at school and you're not like:

"Oh my goodness! Guys, I've missed you so much! How was your summer?!"

It's more like:

"Hi." And then you converse about something.

Then instead of going to class and being like:

"I'm so excited for the school year!"

It's just some teacher, telling you about the school year- if this isn't your first year at the school it is probably stuff you already know so the teacher gives up halfway through and you just sit and talk for most of the time until the bell rings.

But before that, there's usually some type of assembly.

Was this a boring chapter? Probably, because this is a boring part of the year.