Chapter 5

"So tell me Marinette, is Luka coming to rehearsals on Saturday?" Alya had that look on her face that Marinette recognised as something she should be worried about. She had laid herself out across the grass with her head in Nino's lap sitting opposite from Marinette and Adrien who were sharing some macaroons Marinette brought from home.

"I would assume so. He is part of Kitty Section after all. Why?" Marinette raised a questioning eyebrow seeing that investigative reporter look in Alya's eyes. This was not how she had planned on spending her lunchtime, being interrogated by her best friend.

"Oh come on Marinette, he was so into you." Marinette glared at Alya, wondering where this conversation was going.

"That was ages ago Alya, and you know I'm not interested in Luka like that. I just help out Kitty Section with their costumes sometimes and I'm making them cat masks for the 'Cats' medley they will be performing at the auction. I'm sure he has moved on by now, but if your wanting dirt you'll have to ask Juleka." Marinette shifted uncomfortably noticing how intently Adrien had been watching the exchange. What on earth was Alya trying to do? Adrien isn't the jealous type, and besides, he only thinks of her as a friend. Before Alya could continue on with her little game though, the group became aware of a series of loud sneezes.

Looking towards the source of the noise, they could see Sabrina holding onto a sneezing Chloe as her limousine pulled up. "Damn you Georgie, I'm going to *achoo* kill you when I *achoo* see you." She ranted as Sabrina helped her into her seat before following.

"Who's Georgie?" Nino asked with a confused look.

"Her boyfriend Giorgio." Adrien replied. "Actually come to think of it he didn't look too good at the Sunday night photoshoot." He started to chuckle. "I guess we know what she got up to after lunch on Saturday hey Marinette." He gave a shoulder nudge with a grin and eye wiggle to Marrinette who giggled into her sketchbook as she held it over her mouth and nose. Adrien thought she looked so cute with just her eyes peeking over, that light dusting of pink tinting her cheeks as...wait, what!

"Whoa, hold up. What boyfriend? I thought Chloe was in love with you?" Alya's confused expression at Adrien now matched her boyfriends and extended to the exceptionally calm exterior Marinette was showing.

Adrien was taken aback by the claim. "Me and Chloe? What on earth gave you that idea?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe the fact that she throws herself all over you at every given opportunity." Alya sat up waving her arms around, suddenly feeling like she'd been left out of some inside joke.

"I can see how it might have seemed that way, but feelings can change." Adrien shrugged remembering what Plagg had said the other night. "Chloe and I were pretty much each other's only friend for years. I guess when we were younger, she might have confused her feelings for something else. It's not like she knew any better. I guess both of us have struggled with expressing ourselves, but in different ways." He could see the sceptical look in Alya's face and couldn't help but laugh at it. "Chloe is like a sister to me Alya, there's nothing else going on. Anyway, Marinette saw what Chloe and me are like when we were at her place on Saturday."

Alya shot a look at Marinette. "Girl, what have you been holding out on me?"

"Sorry Alya, I was going to ring, but you were out with Nino Saturday night and..." Marinette was interrupted by the sound of a large crash and shouting.

"Run, there's an akuma!"

Alya shot up and got her phone out. "Don't think your getting out of telling me deets later, quick Nino, I haven't had an akuma to cover for the Ladyblog in weeks." Alya and Nino quickly ran out of sight.