Chapter 15

Bright and early on a Saturday summer morning, the bell above the Dupain-Cheng bakery door chimed and a familiar set of emerald eyes and golden hair came smiling in. "Good morning Tom, Sabine. Is Marinette up yet?"

Sabine shook her head like she does most weeks. "You know what she's like dear. She's already slept through two alarms this morning. Why don't you go up and give it a try, you seem to have better luck getting her up than I do."

Entering into Marinette's room, Adrien was greeted with a cheek hug from Tikki before heading over to a sleeping Marinette. Her hair was everywhere, there was one leg hanging off the bed and was that drool? Adrien smiled as he leaned down and sweeping her hair away kissed his sleeping beauty on the cheek.  "Bugaboo, it's time to get up."

"Nooo, Bugaboo sleep now." Marinette pulled the sheet over her head. Alya had warned Adrien before about the perils of trying to wake up sleepy Marinette.

"Come on sleepy head, you know your parents are waiting on you to come and help and it's too hot to stay in bed anyway. Besides, after last week you said I was not allowed to attempt frosting anymore cupcakes without supervision." Marinette flopped the sheet back down and squinted at Adrien.

"Well maybe a certain black cat shouldn't have kept me out so late last night." A playful smirk spread across Adrien's face.

"It was your idea to go for a run m'lady. It's not my fault I lost track of time. After all, you are quite distracting." He gave her a cheeky wink, but the groan and eye roll he got in reply only made him laugh.

"Hey, where are my cheese puffs. I was promised cheese puffs after having to put up with you pair yesterday." Plagg huffed, ignoring the deadpan look Tikki was giving him.

Eventually, Marinette got herself organised and made her way down to the bakery and her awaiting breakfast and coffee. The regular customers had become accustomed to the handsome blonde helping out around the bakery of a Saturday morning, but every now and then someone would pull a phone out to 'sneak' a pic. They usually were not being quite as subtle as perhaps they thought they were. Marinette used to get upset about people invading Adrien's privacy like that, but he would just shrug. As his father would say 'any publicity is good publicity' and right now there was no denying that Saturday morning trade at the bakery had increased quite a bit in the last few weeks.

After breakfast, Marinette once again attempted to teach Adrien the finer points of frosting cupcakes, with the same disastrous results. How on earth he ended up with more frosting on himself then the cakes was anyone's guess. "Well at least you managed to keep the mess to your apron this time and not all over your clothes and hair." Marinette quipped "Maybe you're improving after all." Adrien pouted as he heard Plagg sniggering at him through his shirt, however the threat of no more of Marinette's cheese puffs soon quieted him down.

"Haha m'lady, how about I share some of my frosting with you." With his arms stretch out he puckered up his lips before Marinette ran screaming around the kitchen. She didn't get far before Adrien caught up to her, picking her up and causing the frosting on his apron to squish into hers as he planted a kiss on her lips. Tom and Sabine just shook their heads at them with a smile.

By mid morning, Adrien and Marinette had cleaned up most of the mess from the cupcake frosting when a very excited Alya came rushing into the bakery with Nino in tow.

"Marinette, did you check out the Ladyblog this morning? It is going off girl!" Marinette and Adrien just looked at each other blankly as Alya pulled up her phone. Peering over Alya's shoulder, Marinette realised that the photos were of Ladybug and Chat Noir high up on the Eiffel Tower with their arms wrapped around each other in a fairly heated kiss behind the beams.