PROLOGUE

No matter how many years I had been training in SM Entertainment, they just never seemed to appreciate me. I had seen most of my friends either debut or leave in the nearly eight years I had been in the company.

What hurt me most, though, was to see how Chinese idols were left aside or had to debut in strange ways, such as in the case of my friends in WayV. That was one of the last straws I could handle and I decided to finally leave the company and apply for others.

Luckily, when I applied for JYP Entertainment they picked me and I didn't even have to wait for a month to be in another company. I even made friends really quickly and was set to debut at the beginning of 2019.

For that debut, I had written a couple of songs since I was really into composing and even got the approval from JYP, so I showed the songs «Dalla Dalla» and «Want It?» to the girls and started working.

The problem arose when, at the end of 2018, just a few months before debuting, JYP suddenly called me to say I wouldn't be debuting with Itzy in the end. They would still use my song and debut but without me.

That obviously made me fume since I was once again left to continue training and even pulled away from my friends but, at the end of February, I was called to JYP' s office yet again.

"Please, come in, Alix," JYP said inviting me inside before I sat down in front of him at his desk. "Did you like how your songs turned out in the end? I think the girls did a really good job."

"Yes, they were amazing," I told him honestly but still sad about not being able to join them. "Why did you tell me to come, sir?"

"I actually wanted to discuss something with you regarding your debut," he told me. "Keeping you as a trainee is useless because you are basically our ace and have the skills to even debut as a soloist, so I wanted you to join the girls of ResQ."

"Sorry, what?" I asked him confused. "Why ResQ and not Itzy?"

"To put it simply, I think you will be able to showcase your true skills with ResQ as well as have more artistic freedom," he told me. "Alix, I'm not doing this simply to get on your nerves, I truly believe that this is the best option for you."

"But I... I don't even know them. We have never met," I told him. "Won't it be strange for me to join them so suddenly?"

"Don't worry, I already talked to them and they were excited," he told me with a smile. "We already moved a bed there for you to join their dorm so, if you are willing to do it, I can already print your contract for you to join ResQ officially."

Was I especially thrilled by the idea of joining an already famous group? Not particularly. The problem was that I just wanted to go on stage and be an artist. I didn't want all of my years of training to simply go to waste just because I didn't want to accept the offer.

"I'll do it, sir," I told him. "If you think that's the best option for me then I will do it."

"Believe me, Alix, you will be great friends with the girls. I think you will just hit off quickly," he said as he printed the contract. "Just as with them, you will have the privilege of not having a dating ban but please, try to not date any of the Stray Kids boys. It's almost like a curse within the group. I'm still waiting for Leah to date one of them."

"Don't worry, sir. I will concentrate on my career. Music always comes first," I told him with a smile as he gave me the contract.

I then read it through a couple of times and saw nothing that I disliked, so I quickly signed it and handed it back to him.

"Well, Alix, I'm glad to inform you that you will be joining ResQ for future promotions and are set to debut with them in about three months. Congratulations and thank you for trusting the company and me to make your dreams come true."