42.

A couple of days later, it was the day that Wonho and Kihyun from Monsta X and Jeonghan from Seventeen would be recording their songs with Soojin and Mika. As Lin, Leah and I weren't in any of those songs, JYP had decided to schedule both of their MV recordings with Changbin and Minho that day, so that left me as the only one who had nothing to do that day.

JYP had other plans, though, as he suddenly told me that I should go with the Itzy girls, who were going to have their comeback just a couple of days later with one of the songs I had given to JYP.

"Knock knock!" I said as I opened the door to the dance studio where they were all rehearsing. "Is there room for another person?"

"Alix!" Chaeryeong exclaimed when she saw me and immediately tackled me in a hug. "I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too!" I said hugging her back very tightly. "You can't even begin to understand how much I've missed all of you..."

I then heard sobbing and I pulled away only to see that she had started to cry, which made me really sad too. Chaeryeong was known for crying very easily. She had the purest heart I had ever met and I hated to see her cry.

"Hey! Why are you crying?" I asked her but she only cried more. "Oh, come here!"

I then wrapped her in a hug again as the rest of the girls approached us and we all did a group hug. No matter if I was now with the ResQ girls, who were simply incredible and amazing people, part of my heart would always be with the Itzy girls, and there was nothing I could do about that.

"How have you all been? Are you ready for the comeback?" I asked them once we all pulled away from the hug.

"Even if you are in another group, you still take care of us," Yeji told me. "JYP told us about you giving us the songs and creating the dances. Thank you."

"My pleasure," I told her. "They were always for ITZY, so it only made sense if ITZY did it."

"Still, are you ever going to announce that you are the producer of all of our songs plus of so many more?" Yuna asked me. "JYP told us you didn't want anyone to know."

"I plan to do it sometime but I really don't think I am ready to announce it just yet," I confessed. 

"I just... I don't understand why," Yuna continued. "You have composed really amazing award-winning songs that you don't want to be credited for publicly. If I were you, I would want the world to know!"

"I still need to talk to some people before doing it, Yuna. It's not that easy," I told her with a smile. "I'm really happy that you are all doing great. I mean it. I am sorry for not coming over more often."

"Don't worry about it, Alix. You have been very busy and we all get it. You had your debut, then promotions and now you are preparing that duet album. It would be shocking if you even had time to visit us," Lia told me and gave me a side hug. "That doesn't mean you can stop coming, though! I expect a visit from time to time!"

"Yes, don't worry!" I told her as I chuckled. "Anyways, you have told me that you are thankful for the songs and all but you still haven't showed me how it turned out!"

"You're right!" Ryujin exclaimed. "Come on, let's show her! I hope you like it!"

They all then got ready and I played the song on the computer before sitting down in front of the mirror to watch them. They had maintained the original dance completely and, as I had composed it when the six of us were still a group, I could almost imagine myself completing some of the formations or seeing the spot in which I was supposed to be.

When they finished, I applauded them as well as cheered. It had turned out better than I could have hoped for and the girls were amazing during all of it. It really fit them like a glove.

"Did you like it, then?" Ryujin asked me.

"Liked it? I loved it!" I told them. "I really think you will ace your first comeback."

"You really think so?" Chaeryeong asked me with a smile.

"I'm certain of it," I answered. "It looks even better than how I imagined it."

"You wrote it for six people, though. Am I right?" Yeji asked me and I nodded. "How was it supposed to look like? What were your parts?"

I then took out my phone, where I had the original line distribution and I asked them to play the song again to show them the parts I was supposed to sing.

"I honestly thought that at least one of my parts was yours!" Ryujin exclaimed after it ended. "It turns out it was just the dance break."

"You are the main rapper of ITZY. Of course, I would give you those parts! I would have never divided it any other way!" I told her and gave her a side hug.  "Nonetheless, there was still <Cherry>. "

"I love that one!" Yeji exclaimed. "And I think it suits ResQ too, so I was surprised to see you gave it to us!"

"Once again: what was meant for ITZY, had to stay with ITZY," I told them. "Shall I show you how that one was divided? I think that was the one that changed the most."

Again, I searched for the line distribution on my phone and asked them to play it. Since they all were looking at it, each one of us sang our parts and I could see them kind of shocked when they heard me doing those parts.

"Tell me you are rapping for ResQ's next comeback. The world needs your rap!" Ryujin exclaimed.

"I don't know," I confessed. "We haven't been focusing on that a lot recently since we have the duets and all. I wish to show my true potential in the next comeback, though. I feel like there is more to ResQ that what we are letting people see."

"No matter how it is, you should always know we are your number one supporters, alright?" Yeji said grabbing my hand. "ITZY may strictly just be just the five of us, but you are more important to the group than you think. Hell, even the songs we have are yours!"

"You are still our leader even if you are away," Yuna said grabbing my other hand. "Thank you, older sister."