Chapter III.

Augustus sat in his office, paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork

Augustus sat in his office, paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork. He sighs as he reads through the documents of companies that want to buy the many games he released under his wing and he felt like the letters were starting to come off of the page, that's when he knew that he needed a break. He had his date with Salma later and he really couldn't stop thinking about it. He sighs as he sits his papers down, he turns in his chair and he looks the reflection of his glass walls, his hair slicked down and his plain old black suits.

"Deine Lieblingsfrau ist hier! Your favorite woman is here!" He turns around to see his mother, he smiles but it was mostly forced. He gets up and he hugs his Mom. "Mom, you're here from Germany, um, why?" He questioned and the tall brunette with not a single gray hair, no wrinkles because of her constant botox that Augustus swears to God he will never get, no matter how old and ugly he gets. "To come see you and my successful boy, so where are we going to eat tonight?" She questioned and Augustus nervously slips his hands into his pocket. "Nowhere, I actually have a date tonight." He says and she dramatically gasps. "Date?!" Edith exclaimed and he nodded as he walks out of his office.

Shania's office was across from his, he mouthed help as he walks past her office and she nodded but then she sees his mother then she looks back at him. "I gotchu fam." She mouthed him and Edith groaned. "I thought you didn't like women?" She questioned and Augustus turns around and his face contorts. "You think I'm gay? Just because I don't go on any dates? God, Mom, you can't just assume especially when you and Dad ruined dating for me so please find another excuse." Augustus huffed and Edith continued following behind him.

"Okay... um is she a blonde, brunette or a redhead..?" Augustus questioned and Augustus knew about his mother being really choicey when it comes to women, especially the women who worked around his son. Gave Shania a hard time when it slipped out during lunch that they were good friends and Shania was the only person he could stand to be around and that he liked. "Neither." Augustus answered and he turns around to see her grown even paler than she was before. "She's.. black?" Edith questioned and Augustus nodded as his eyes started to twinkle just a little, his cheeks became warm at the thought of her. "Yeah, she's really gorgeous, so nice, smart and is a STEM woman who works for a computer company. Did I mention she's so funny and she can cook also make me laugh and no one can make me laugh not even Shania and she says the most silliest shit sometimes but it's different with her." Augustus explained and Edith was completely astounded.

"I'm so happy for you, you better go and ask her to be your girlfriend and-and- oh my goodness, I'm gonna cry." Edith dramatically fans her eyes and Shania comes over to them. "Augustus, you have a lunch with the man overat Gamestop." Shania says and Edith looks at Shania with displeasure. "Shania." Edith says as she turns her back on the woman. Shania scoffed as she turns around to. "Edith." She remarked and Augustus quickly kisses his mother's cheek. "See you later Mom, I'll have lunch with you tomorrow and we can do whatever you like." He assured her as he walks away and Edith waves. "Okay, I love you too." He tells her and then he walks into the elevator.