Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"...to independent. Some of the older men don't like that here." I heard Renae speak quietly. My eyes were heavy, and my face throbbed endlessly. I emitted a groan and tried to open my eyes. "She's awake." A male's soft melodic voice cooed softly. I tried to open my eyes, numerous times and when I did my first view was of a young man's handsome face. He had beautiful blue eyes, a frown of concern, sandy blonde hair, a perfect nose. It made me want to reach out and caress his faultless face.

Then my thoughts began to speed up...the good-looking man was Tryton. PRINCE Tryton. I bolted out of his arm, not testing to see if my legs worked yet...thank goodness they did. "Miss Williams, I think that you should sit down." Markas warned me, I nodded, annoyed, and sat down next to Renae, directly opposite to the Prince. "Don't touch me again." I hissed at the nobleman and his eyes widened. "I was just helping you, Scarlette." He muttered, hurt echoing in his eyes. "Well then don't." I snapped back.

"Oh, then say that to me when you were snuggling into my arms." He retorted snarkily, with amusement glinting in his blue eyes. I felt my resentment for the prince grow, and I closed my eyes counting back to one. Ten...I am going to kill him...Nine...I AM GOING TO MURDER HIM...Eight..His eyes are gorgeous...WAIT! What does that have to do with anything?...Seven...they really are windows to the soul...Six...AHHH ENOYUGH WITH KILLING TRYTON!! I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF!!! I opened my eyes and looked at the amused, puzzled faces. "I said that out loud didn't I?" I sighed.

"Yup." The prince smirked. "D..did I say everything out loud?" I asked meekly. "Yup." Tryton smiled evilly. I glanced at Renae, who was giggling like a schoolgirl, then sat down on the large chair that Tryton was sitting on, but sitting as far away as possible. His eyes lite up dangerously as he scooted closer. His warm breath was heating my ear as I ducked away. "Piss off will you?" I scowled at him, getting off the seat. "You're scared off me." He stated surprised. "I. Am. Not. Scared." I growled at him, while my wolf challenged his.

Tryton narrowed his eyes at me as our wolves fought. "Why?" I ignored him, listening to the fight.'I am the prince, an alpha.' His wolf rumbled at mine. My wolf snarled in return. 'I am an alpha, I don't except your right to rule over me, you are not my prince.' The black figure froze his blue eyes hung in my wolf's silver ones. 'Then who is your prince?' My wolf seemed to hesitate. "I have no one." She sighed with resignation. The wolves studied each other and broke their connection. I shook my head at Tryton.

"What the hell was that about?" He asked. "I have no idea, prince." I glowered, glaring at him. He moved his gaze uncomfortable and stood up fairly quickly and began to pace. Back and forth, back and forth. "My lord, please sit down, I have a proposition for you." My godmother noticed his anxiety and smiled sadly. "Yes of course." The prince sat down quickly, shooting a quick glare at me. "Were I like thee, I'd throw myself away.' I murmured sitting down as well, as far away from Tryton as possible. Tryton played it off coolly sending me a malicious smile. "She is spherical, like a globe, I could find countries in her." He retorted, in true Shakespearian style. I narrowed my eyes, only slightly hurt. "More of your conversation would infect my brain!"

"Her beauty and her brain do not work together." He retorted, anger flashing in his eyes. "A pox o'your throat, you bawling, blasphemous, uncharitable dog!" I sneered, and he looked offended. "Miss Scarlette, Prince Tryton...maybe you should-" "Would thou wert clean enough to spit upon!" Tryton spat back at me, ignoring Markas. "Go thou and fill another room of hell." I seethed infuriatedly. Tryton smiled at me and raised an eye brow. "Well played barbarian," He sneered, "It seems you know your literature."

I scowled at him, about to launch another harsh insult at him when Renae started to laugh. And so did Markas. They laughed and laughed...and laughed at us. I blushed and Tryton had the decency to look ashamed. "Alright alright! You have shown each other you are dominant, now, Scarlette where is Welsh? He would want to see his father." My eyes widened in shock and Tryton looked confused. "Who's Welsh?" He asked the same time I asked, "Markas is your mate?" Markas laughed again and looked at Renae lovingly, "Welsh is Renae and I's son my lord. And yes Miss Williams, I am Renae's mate." My jaw swung open.

'Welsh...please come to the house.' 'Didn't you want me too-' 'Please come. Save me form the stupid prince!!!' I heard a chuckle in reponse, and I turned my gaze to Markas who was asking me a question. "- know each other?" I shook my head in confusion, "Sorry what was that?" Markas chortled, but Tryton glared at me, his eyes distrustful. "I asked how you, Renae and Welsh know each other?" I nodded and gazed at Markas, scanning him up and down, and he regarded me powerfully, daring me to tell the truth.

I sighed, "Apparently Renae saved me from the house fire, the one that killed the whole pack. She named me her 'god-daughter', and Welsh, my brother." I frowned uncertainly at the memory.

Flash back

I screamed in terror as I saw the flamed ceiling come crashing towards me. I shielded my face from it. "Samantha!! Samantha!" I turned my head towards a flash of black and was pulled into the cold air. "Welsh?" I moaned, as he pulled me away from the crumbling, burning building. "Where's mummy? Aunty Renae, where's mummy and daddy." Renae crouched down to me, her brown eyes shining with tears.

"Mummy and daddy are dead, my love." She had held nothing back from my five year old self. I sobbed and Welsh wept with me. We all heard men cheering so my 'aunty' transformed into a light brown wolf, picked us up with the back of our burned clothes and scampered away. "Mum...please...let me be with mummy and daddy." I remembered whispering into the night.

Flash Back Ends

"Are you alright Miss Williams?" My head snapped up towards Markas. "Yes, sorry." The sorrow in the memory reflected in the present. My heart felt like a leaden weight, and it heart with every beat. There was a knock on the door and Welsh let himself in. He scanned his room, looked at me in concern, and then rested on his father. "Dad?" Welsh's voice was disbelieving, and shocked. Markas stood up quickly and enveloped him in a hug. I could of sworn I saw tears of joy run down his face.

"My son! You are so grown up." The two men wept as Renae engulfed them with a hug. Tryton looked at me in anxiety, "You're sad why are you sad?" He demanded. I scowled at him and stood up. "Well, milord, you won't find out. Now excuse me as I leave." I made a face at him and Welsh looked at me and Markas in surprise, "Wait...you brought...the Prince of Werewolves with you?" I glowered at the prince, "I didn't mean to bring the big oafs. Lucky you." Welsh stood back in shock at my vicious tone. "Girls, girls. No need to fight." Tryton told me.

"Shut your face alpha-pup, Welsh is better than you'll ever be." I growled. The family gasped in shock while Tryton raised his eyebrows, "Okay, okay, jeez women." He stood up, towering over me. "You don't intimidate me, my prince." "My prince hey, I think I like that." He nodded. I narrowed my silver eyes and punched him in his pretty little face. He stood back and held the sore spot. He laughed it off, "I deserved that didn't I?" All of the others gaped at me in shock, and Tryton walked towards a freezer, grabbing an ice pack. I could see the fury behind his blue gaze.

"You really pack a punch." He groaned, closing his eyes, trying to hid and control his rage. I snickered and Renae began to giggle. "What?" I demanded stoutly. "You two...it's just...it's just...just..oh no!" She laughed and laughed, soon the whole family was laughing, leaving Tryton and I staring at them, confused. He glanced at me bemused and I shrugged. Welsh suddenly looked at Prince Tryton, "Sorry my lord, I am Welsh Cravitz, son Markas Leroy and Renae Whitnbe." He bowed low and I rolled my eyes, "Don't bow to this idiot, he's a fake." I growled softly. Tryton glared at me, obviously extremely offended.

"Believe me, Scarlette Williams, I am not a fake." He seethed, his wolf growling angrily. "Prove it." I rumbled rudely. Tryton let his wolf take control, his dark grey coat mesmerizing everybody. He snarled at me as I shifted as well. 'Bring it on' My wolf taunted him.

A/N: Believe me, I loved writing this chapter! I hope you like reading this story as much as I enjoyed writting it!