Chapter 3

A/N: Sorry for the slow update....I have no excuse, sorrry =P

Chapter 3 

Scarlette's POV 

I felt my heart beat in time with my feet. The wave of sound my heart produced. My breath was coming in short gasps. My heart was drowning the natural sounds off the wild, my anger consuming me. How dare he lie to me?! I was trying to help both of them, but he dared to lie, I would have forgiven them if it was a small lie. But...to lie about your pack being murdered? You don't tell untruth's about those sort of things! My pack had been murdered, it wounded my deeply that someone-wait no-the prince would tell someone something like that. His light kiss on my hand still unsettled me, and his alarmingly beautiful blue eyes and dazzling smile were imprinted in my mind. My wolf was having conniptions, she didn't like how he had 'told untruths'.

Spotting the village through the white mist I slowed to a stop. The hunters in the village would shot me if they thought I was a threat. Then if they realised I was a female, they would capture me and breed my with their dogs. How did I know that? Well they'd done it to a real wolf before. My wolf had cried out to help her but I couldn't have without putting myself in danger. The she-wolf had died before she gave birth luckily enough for her, but my wolf didn't speak to me for three weeks after that.

Sighing myself out of my thoughts, I shook myself, transforming into the tall, unnatural woman I had been born as. I had always been told by the towns folk that my silver eyes were out of place, and indeed they were. But it wasn't like I wasn't born in the village, so it wasn't my problem. I strode into the start of the small town and groaned as I saw Welsh Cravitz, Renae Whitnbe's son. He was older than me by two years, and never let me forget it. Whenever I'd ask my godmother about her mate, Welsh's father, Renae would always get that sad look in her eyes and answer, "He was a man of his word, handsome, brave and so protective of the ones he loved." And that's all she'd say about him.

"Hey Scarlette!" Welsh cried out to me a huge grin on his face. "Hey Welsh." I sighed. He watched my reaction with a concerned face, "Are you alright Rose blossom?" He asked, using his nickname for me. "Yes I'm fine-" I was cut off by the high-pitch sound of screams. I winced and glanced at my friend, who shared my pain. "Don't they understand what an ear drum is?" I mumbled annoyed. We ran to the town centre to see what the fuss was all about. The townsfolk had cornered wolves.

"Who are they?" My brother figure asked me as we approached the charcoal and light grey werewolves. He had a special gift, he was an empath and he could tell whether wolves were werewolves or not. I glanced worriedly at Welsh's curious eyes. I turned my head and focused. "Welsh." I murmured, trying to keep my eyes off the prince and his body guard. "Yes Scarlette?" "Please run. Please, don't let them see you." Seeing the desperation in my eyes Welsh turned around. "I hope you know what you're doing." He told me sternly before disappearing into the crowd. "I hope so too." I whispered, nobody hearing me. 'Now, to the task at hand.' I told my wolf. I was calm, until I heard the guns being loaded.

I raced towards the men, Mr. Reed and Dr. Mayne. "Stop!" I cried, but nothing could deter the men from their task; protecting their small town from rogue wolves. I stupidly ran in front of the guns, just as they were about to shoot. BANG!