Chapter 2

Chapter 2

No one's P.O.V

Markas looked into Tryton's innocent, baby blue eyes as the white she-wolf flaunted away. 'Who is she? Are you going to choose her?' The black beta asked. Tryton shifted uncomfortably, morphing into a human. His sandy blonde hair contrasted with his eyes and the clothes that he wore marked him as prince. His grey body guard also began to transform, cocking his head the way dogs do.

“She's funny, and kind. She shared her meal with me, even though is scarce.” The prince's voice was slightly raspy, because he hadn't spoken in a while, but nothing could disguise his melodic voice. “Prince Tryton, I don't mean to disrespect you, but it was probably because of your station.” Markas replied prickly. He didn't like other people looking after his prince. A small smile lit up Tryton's face, “Are you jealous of a little girl, Markas? And no she doesn't know my station, it didn't happen to enter a small conversations. But, I did tell her that we were the last of our pack.” The werewolf prince slightly winced at the end. “I had to lie, I didn't want to.” He murmured.

A cold, piercing laugh echoed from the shadows and a breathtakingly beautiful woman stepped out into the dimly lit space. Her silver eyes burned angrily into his soul and her long ebony hair swept behind her, making her look like an avenging angel. “Oh, a lying prince and his high ranking body guard, how lovely.” The enraged angel seethed. Tryton stepped back, her beauty enchanting him, but her wrath alarming him. Markas glared at the woman, seeming slightly scared, but there was nothing that could stop him from protecting his prince.

“Miss, we shall leave now, if you need us too.” The bodyguard whimpered, his wolf fighting to keep dominance but loosing quickly. Shooting his guardian a confused look, Tryton stepped forward, “I am sorry m'lady. As you may already have already guessed I am Prince Tryton Rayne and this is Markas Leroy, my guardian.” He bowed lowly and reached out, grabbing the woman's hand, kissing it lightly.

He looked up to her curved face as she pulled her smooth hand away. “My prince, I am so sorry for my inhospitality.” She replied sarcastically, her silver eyes shimmering angrily and her dark blue dress swaying in the cool blasts of wind. “Are you this rude to everyone?” He asked aghast. “No, only-” Tryton cut her off, “Only '

tuck up, arrogant, irresponsible, despicable' prince's?” He grinned. She narrowed her exquisite eyes retorting, “You got it right 'your highness'.” She hissed distastefully. “Miss, I do not think that speaking to the prince that way-” Markas interrupted, but was cut off right away by the angel, “I don't care, I am sorry, but I really don't care.” She spoke mildly.

“You do know that the common practice is that when someone introduces themselves you give them your name?” The prince told her sarcastically. “Wow! It's not like you didn't tell me before or anything!” The woman replied in the same fashion. He grinned lopsided at she gave in. “Fine. My name is Scarlette Williams.” Tryton sighed, “See that wasn't so hard was it?” Giving the young man an icy hate filled glare she shifted into a white she-wolf. She took one more glance at the men then sped off into the mist that had begun to form. 'Goodbye...my prince.” She whispered, a tendril of her mind softly reaching our to Tryton's. “Wait!” He cried out panicked. He tried reaching for her mind but all he found was was wet mist. Transforming into the charcoal wolf he was, he howled to Markas. 'Come quickly! We must find her, or she might lose her way!' 'Of course my lord.' The guardian bowed his head, his body instantly beginning to change at his princes order's.