"Why not?"

Niall's POV

There was a knock at the door, and I knew it was Lane, the guys would've just walked in. 

        "Niall?" She asked. I stood up to open the door for her. She looked me in the eyes for a moment, then broke the stare, turning her head down to the floor. "Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that, or let you do that. I hope things don't get awkward between us." She kept herhead hung down low.

        "I'm not." She looked up. "I'm not sorry. I did what I wanted. I'm not sorry I kissed you. I'm only sorry I don't have the balls to do it again." I blurted out. She said nothing and walked back downstairs. I followed her and the guys looked at me like I was mad. "Will you stop looking at me like that?" 

        "How could you kiss her, mate? She literally just got out of a relationship." Liam questioned, taking another bite of pizza. 

         "I wanted him to." Lane answered."But like you said, Liam. I just got out of a relationship. It's not going to happen again, I just thought you guys might like to know in case things get even weirder." She stole a slice Harry had in his hands, about to take a bite out of.

        "Well, if you like him, why not?" Louis suggested, throwing a peice of popcorn in the air and catching it in his mouth. I looked over to him. "Dude, don't look at me like that. I'm trying to help you. Anyways, Lane. You like him, he obviously likes you, why wouldn't you do it again?"

        "I just caught my boyfriend of nearly 6 years cheating on me. I don't think I'm ready for another relationship." She explaned. 

        "I'm not suggesting you go out to a club and hook up, I'm just saying. I know Niall and he'd never hurt anyone on pourpose, if you're worried about him cheating." She gasped. Liam grabbed a hold of Louis and brought him into the kitchen. 

        "Are you high? 5 years, Lou. Almost 6! What if Elle cheated on you, then I told you to date someone else so quickly?" 

        "I'd trust you mate."  Liam brought him back in here, smiling like he hadn't just screamed at Louis.

        "What do you two think?" She asked Harry and Zayn.

        "I think if you both like each other, why not? But, Liam's right too, it is a little soon." Harry concured. 

        "I think it's a grand idea. Mate." Zayn looked over to me. "Just ask her out."

        "She's sitting right there." I pointed to the loveseat.

       "I'm going to say no if you do." 

        "Then I won't. Today at least." 

Lane's POV

        "Then I won't. Today at least."  My stomach flipped. I wonder when he'll ask me again. I wonder if I'll say yes. I turned on the TV and searched for a movie. I voted a scary movie with Niall, Harry and Zayn wanted to to watch a comedy. Liam said he didn't care what was on. We compromised with one of the Scary Movie movies. It wasn't scary at all, but I told Niall we could watch a real one later. 

        "Sounds great to me" He smiled. We watched Scary Move IV with Harry, Liam, Louis, and Zayn. About halfway into it, Niall excused himself to the restroom. When he came back, I pretended to be asleep.He chuckled and lifted my legs about three feet and crawled underneath them. Once he sat down, he replaced my legs on his lap. 

        Everytime he laughed, my legs shook, making my entire body shake a tiny bit and me laugh quietly. The movie was soon over and Niall leaned right next to my ear and whipered.

        "Hey, Faker. The film's over. Do I need to carry you to your bed?" His warm breath tickled, sending shivers upand down my spine. I fake snored in reponse. "You're just too cute." He smiled in the dim light. He laced his right arm under my knees and his left under my neck, his hand cradling my head. He carried me bridal style all the way upstairs and into my bedroom. Somehow he had managed to open my door and pull back the covers with me still ocupying his muscular arms.

        He lay me down carefuly and started walking out of my room. I sat up in bed and watching him turnthe doorknob. "No, Niall?" He turned around to look at me. "I would really like you to lay with me and watch that movie I promised." I begged. He smiled and took his hand off the knob. 

        "I need to go put on pajamas, Lane." he said, his accent thick. "See you in 5" 

**************
        Sunday Night, Woop!

                       I'm sorry guys, but homeschooling is starting to swamp me. 

                                        Is it okay if I post on this story two days a week? I dont know how may posts per day, that depends on how busy I am. How do Mondays (including tomorrow) and Wednesdays sound? I just bought a new PS3 Game, and I'm addicted. I had to be foreced to come write for you guys.

                                                                  But I'll ease up on the Assasins Creed, K?

        On other news...... @KeiraValory made me a cover for the book! Yay!!!!! Go follow her!!!! She's got a great book,  Translucent. 

                        On more other news........ Love you guys c: <3