"I'm Sorry."

Lane’s POV

Niall came back quickly with a bottle of water and a box of tissues.

“Thank you so much, Niall”  I smiled. While he was gone, I had thrown away the last of the pictures of me and Cassia, changed into pajamas, and took off the rest of my make-up.

“You don’t have to tank me. I’m just glad you’re okay.” I put one of those addicting breath mints on the tip of my tongue (Not that I thought I would need it) while Niall scanned my room. His eyes lingered on the key board in the corner.

“I honestly don’t think I would be without you.” I walked over to him and gave him a quick hug.

“You play?” he pointed to the keyboard. I walked over to it and played the introduction to ‘Moves like Jagger’. “You’re pretty good.” He smiled. I blushed and went over to my closer, grabbing the acoustic guitar off its stand. He looked at me with the same question as before. I shook my head and handed it to him.

“Pick a song” I said. He had to think for a moment.

“Therapy, by All Time Low.” I nodded and Niall started to count off on his fingers.

The guitar started first, perfectly in tune. It was my turn next, I played simple 3 note chords. Niall joined last, with me singing in the background.

“We make a good couple.” I blushed and looked down. When he realized what he said, he stammered to correct himself. “Musically, I mean. Like a duet. Not like in a relationship. You just got out of one, not that I wouldn’t like to be in a relationship with you.” He stopped right there. I had sat on the edge of my bed, right next to Niall. He turned to look at me. His eyes were locked on mine for what seemed like a very long time. His eyes started flitting back and forth between my eyes and my lips. He looked into my eyes one last time, asking for permission. I gave a microscopic nod as a response. He cupped my cheek, tilted his head and leaned in. I closed my eyes and tilter my head a little to the left, so we wouldn’t smash noses. When his lips where a ghost, hovering over mine, asking one last time if it was okay, I leaned in the rest of the way.

My entire face was covered in little tiny electric shockwaves. His lips were so soft. My hands kind of dangled at my sides. I decided that I should move them somewhere, but where. I thought back to the books I’d read. Hair.  I ran my fingers through the hair at his nape. He made a small moan, and I pulled away. He stood up and ran his fingers through his quiff, flustered.

“I’m sorry.” We chorused. He walked out my bedroom door, leaving me to think. Why the hell did I pull away??? Was he really sorry? Was I? No. I wasn’t.

I checked the clock beside me. 8:39. the boys must be hungry. I walked downstairs to see most of them pigging out on pizza. I sat on the floor in front of the couch where  Zayn and Louis were sitting and arguing about something.

“What do you think Lane?” I shrugged, too busy thinking about what just happened to answer. “Do you think Niall would like Camila Cabello from Fifth Harmony?” I shrugged, not caring. “How about Ariana Grande?” The started whispering something to each other.

“I think Niall has a huge crush on her, maybe we should bring them together.” I turned to Louis and smiled.

            “I think he’d like that.” I caught on that they were testing me. Seeing if I would stand up and say no.

            “She obviously doesn’t like him.” They said behind my back. “Yeah, maybe we should let him know that she doesn’t.” I smiled, knowing that was a complete lie.

            “Where is Niall?” I turned to look at them.

            “In the bedroom he claimed. I’m pretty sure it’s the one next to yours.”

            “Thanks.” I went upstairs to the guest room right next to my room. I knocked lightly on the door.

****************

Sorry it's short! 

        For Chapter 6, I need 15 votes and/or 50 reads

                        Love you guys!