4. Friend or Foe?

Star Twinkle and Twilight walked through the school halls confused and almost lost of what to do next. It was all so frustrating that they both knew where the crown was but in order to get to it, they had to make sure that Twilight would become the Princess of the Fall Dance here in Canterlot High. But in order to do that, she needed to convince most of the students to vote for her instead of Sunset Shimmer. And with Sunset Shimmer basically ruling over the whole school, in a way, chances were slim that they could archive that in just a few days.

Being aware of that, made Star Twinkle's worry grow. "The others sure don't sound like as if they think that you can win against Sunset Shimmer," he pointed out after he remembered how his friends of this world all tried to talk Twilight out of going up against Sunset Shimmer.

"But we have to try. If we don't, then the crown will be gone," Twilight simply replied.

Of course, Star Twinkle knew that. Getting the crown was at the highest priority right now. Princess Celestia was counting on the two...or rather, three of them now. They just had to focus on what to do next.

"What are gonna do now? Where are we going anyway?" Star Twinkle asked as he wondered why he and Twilight were standing right at the end of the hallway.

"I don't know. I just followed you," Twilight replied casually.

"But I thought I followed you!" Star Twinkle replied frustrated.

Spike only rolled his eyes, seeing how the two were absolutely lost. They found themselves in a dark corner of the hallway. It was almost menacing how dark it was in this specific corner. As if there were some dangers in there, waiting to approach the three.

Soon, exactly that happened. "Are you lost?" A voice said from inside the darkness of the hallway. Star Twinkle quickly recognized the voice as Radiant Blast who walked out of the shadows.

Not only that but right behind Star Twinkle, Twilight, and Spike, another figure approached. Star Twinkle slowly recognized that it was the girl that he bumped into a while ago. "So that is Sunset Shimmer, huh?" Star Twinkle realized as he took a first look at how Sunset Shimmer looked like in this world.

Sunset Shimmer walked up to the two with a sinister smile on her face. "Shoulda known Princess Celestia would send her prized pupil here after my crown, along with her little dog and her...what?" She asked after she took a look at Star Twinkle. "Her Knight in Shining Armor," she added as she tipped Star Twinkle's cap away from his head, causing it to fall down on the ground, making Star Twinkle pick it up again, annoyed.

"No. Shining Armor would actually be her brother," Radiant Blast corrected.

Sunset Shimmer got confused by those random words that Radiant Blast just had to share right now but didn't mind it much and walked right next to him, focusing her attention to Twilight again. "Whatever. This is just a minor setback for me. You don't know the first thing about this place, and I already rule it," she said confidently.

"If that's so, why do you even need my crown? You went to an awful lot of trouble to switch it with the one that belongs here," Twilight pointed out, which actually was a really good question. Sunset Shimmer seemed to a good job intimidating the whole school already. She didn't even need the crown to do all this. This only further raised the question of why she was after it.

Fortunately, Sunset Shimmer was doing everyone a favor and explained, in a way. "Pop quiz: what happens when you bring an Element of Harmony into an alternate world?" She asked. She seemed to expect an answer from Twilight but none came. This only amused Sunset Shimmer. "You don't know? Seriously?" She said amused, clearly feeling superior, laughing about Twilight's unawareness. "And you're supposed to be Princess Celestia's star student? Then again, what were the chances she'd find somepony as bright as me to take under her wing after I decided to leave Equestria? Bit embarrassing that you were the best she could do," she further added which eventually caused Spike to growl at her angrily.