Steve Rogers #17

I'm really sorry for not posting in a while but there's a pretty long  A/N at the end. I know no one really likes them or reads them but it's there for anyone who would actually read one. But if you don't I'll just say I'm very grateful for you all. And that's it in a short context.

Another day went by where Steve had another nightmare. He kept seeing flashes of the war. Tonight was no different. He headed down to the training room at 3:35am. It wasn't unusual to see him there that early but it was unusual to see you. You get nightmares yes but you usually try get through them on your own. Sadly today wasn't one of those days. Your nightmare consisted of you killing someone on the team.

You didn't hear him come into the training room as you were too busy running on the treadmill and listening to music. When you caught Steve's eye he walked over to you. "(Y/N)?" He asked lightly tapping you on the shoulder. You jumped a bit but turned to see him. "Oh hi Steve" you said relaxing your breathing. "Are you ok?" He asked. "Are you?" You smiled. "Nightmares?" He asked you. You shook your head. "You too?" You asked him. "Yep" he replied.

You turned and began running again. He walked over to the punching bags and began attacking them.You finished up and walked over to Steve. It was extremely obvious to everyone on the team you both liked each other but obvious to you both.

"You wanna come to my room?" You asked. You then panicked thinking what that sounded like "not like that but like I-i mean we could talk I-uh that's it you would like" you rambled until he cut you off "yea I'd like that" he smiled. "I'll be there just follow me up" you smiled.

You sat in your room reading. You started to think Steve wasn't coming. "Why would he he doesn't like me" you thought. Suddenly you heard a little knock on the door. You opened it to see Steve standing there. "Come in" You smiled.

You began talking about your nightmares and what was bothering you and he shared stuff with you too. It was nearing 4:30 and a wave of tiredness came over you. You leaned of Steve's shoulder and began falling asleep. You cuddles into him so he couldn't move to go back to his room. He didn't want to wake you so he cuddled into you.

*time skip*

You woke up with something warm wrapped around you. You turned to see it was Steve. You smiled at the sight of him. He looked so calm and peaceful.

You told Nat about what happened last night and she  almost screamed with excitement. You frowned thinking about how that was probably a once off and it wouldn't happen again.

You sadly walked to the training room and began punching the punching bags. You didn't hear someone come in but you suddenly felt a presence next to you. You turned to see Steve standing there looking quite nervous. "Is everything ok?" You asked him. "Yea I was just wondering if you'd like to maybe go on a date tonight, you can say no if you want?" He asked you scratching the back of his neck. A smile broke across your face "I'd love you Steve" you said.

*time skip*

You went to a really nice restaurant and had the most amazing time. You then went to the park and walked around and laughed the whole night. You felt yourself falling more for Steve and so did he.

You both sat down on a park bench and just looked at each other. You saw Steve lean into you so you did too. You both shared a pretty magical kiss. When you broke apart you smiled. "I wanted to do that for a long time" Steve said happily. "Why don't you do it again so?" You smirked.

I didn't really know how to end this but I hope you all enjoyed. Also I'm not too sure about it. I have a Bucky one coming soon. Sorry I haven't posted in soo long but school is back so we have that. Thanks so much for 81K reads I appreciate it so much and I'm forever grateful for all of you,I was extremely scared to start writing fanfics but you all helped me so much and I don't know how I could thank you all, you all mean an awful lot to me,I'm gonna stop writing all the soppy stuff I'm sorry but I just needed to let that out and let you all know how much you've all impacted me and my writing and even to continue this book, I was gonna delete this a while back or just stop writing as I thought it wasn't very good at all and that no one would read it but looking now on my reads I'm honestly shocked and didn't expect anything like that to happen in the slightest. I obviously know I'm not the biggest writer here or the best and I'm fine with that because you all still show me support and are very kind each day. I've made some great friends on this app and I'm very thankful. I'm glad I never stopped writing and just continued because it made me very happy and helped me a lot too with writing stuff in school. I've also made some friends that I can talk to about anything here and I love you all so much and thanks for listening to my little rants and for allowing me to use this to talk about mental health also words cannot describe how lucky I am to have amazing followers like you all. I know my writing isn't the best but you all still continue to give me so much support and you all are very kind. I love you all so so so much x x x.