Thirty-First Chapter

A/N: Ahhhhh! I'm sorry this update took like...two months. I had writer's block...for only this story. I can feel the end of this book is coming soon (finally- I don't write quick enough my god) and I needed some time to just sit and think of how I want it to go. I think now I'm on track and can finally write it again....so enjoy!

"Is this really necessary?" I stare at the gun in my hand. It looks different from the guns on earth, it's probably a lot better.

Jasmine continues to unpack the crates, stacking the guns on the floor. She tears off another lid with her bare hands and takes out what looks like a rifle. The Doctor holds a clipboard and checks a box, counting the supply. Without taking her focus away, the Doctor tells me "Yes. You heard Venus yourself, we need to prepare."

I put the gun on a table beside me and sigh. "But can't we just...I don't know...tell them to go away? Call the succubus council or whatever? You're the Doctor! Isn't that enough?"

"They don't know I'm against them. It's true, I can kill them with ease, but this is just in case I'm not available." The Doctor looks at me with a small pitiful smile. "Cybil sweetie, this is just to protect you. We can't keep moving you around and running. Eventually, they'll catch up with us."

Lucinda walks up to me and forcefully shoves a leather gun holster in my arms, causing me to stumble. "So wear the fucking gun."

The Doctor gives Lucinda a look, "Lucie-"

"No. She's being such a pureblood, and she's the only one not doing any of the work. I have a right to complain."

I advert my eyes. She's not wrong.

"Done," Jasmine states at stands up straight after unloading the last crate, and stretches her arms out. "Should I begin my training now? With Lulu?"

"No," Lucinda answers before the Doctor can. "And don't call me that. I don't wanna exercise. Make Cybil defend herself. I don't see why it's my problem."

The Doctor puts down the clipboard and sighs. She stares directly at Lucinda with a stone-cold expression. "You know Cybil stands no chance against succubus. No human does, not here. Do you want Cybil to die?"