Twenty-Ninth Chapter

A/N: Short chapter but eventful.

I wake up in striking pain and someone frantically shaking my body.

"Cybil! Fuck why does she look like that?" Venus shouts beside me.

"She's waking up. Move." The Doctor says.

My eyes open and I instantly groan and my hands move to touch my face, the Doctor stops me before I do. Her hands hover over my forehead, trembling.

"Do something! Shit, just take 'em out!" Venus shouts. She stands to the side, stomping her foot with every word.

The Doctor looks at her hands and then back me. I try to open my mouth to speak, but I end up gritting my teeth and wincing.

"I don't know what happened. It was fine until Cybil's screen went blank...and then she screamed and- did I put them in wrong? No...no...it was fine before. Something stopped it...."

"For fuck's sake, stop mumbling to yourself- I'll do it!" Venus pushes the Doctor to the side.

"Venus don't!" Lucinda yells, she rushes up to the other side of the table. "Let Jasmine do it."

Is Jasmine even in the room?

Venus speaks with a rough voice, "Are you saying I'm not strong enough?"

"No red eyes, I'm saying you're too fired up. You're gonna hurt her more." Lucinda says back.

With a groan and shaking fists, Venus steps back. Soon, Jasmine comes into my line of sight and walks up to me. "Take out the pins. Don't hurt Cybil." She murmurs to herself. She places her hands on my head and then pulls away.

All of a sudden the pain vanishes. It still slightly aches but the feeling of someone stabbing me in my head is gone. Finally able to sit up and speak, I ask for a mirror. Jasmine hands me one from a drawer. The sides of my face are covered visible blue veins with black and purple bruises around my temples. I lightly tap them and quickly flinch back at the pain.

"What happened?" I whisper.