Fifth Chapter

CAUTION: This may have certain topics and events that might be triggering to some people. I don't want to give it away, but this is a warning that this is a kind of violent chapter. I'm not sure violent is the word, but I say it could be triggering. So please be cautious when reading if you are triggered by certain events. Just a warning! 

I look around the new landscape, it's clear I'm on a beach. I know I'm able to go to different places while in a dream with Venus, but I still have no clue where I am or how this works. Ignoring those pestering questions, I switch my main focus to finding Venus. I don't have to look far, because I look out into the distance and see a figure by the ocean.

Before I walk any further I slip off my shoes, not wanting any more sand to sink into them. I almost toss them aside before remembering that I won't get them back if I wake up; I hold onto my sneakers and carry on. The sand is warm but surprisingly not burning hot like it usually would be. Then I notice how gloomy the sky looks, clouds cover almost every bit of sun.

"Nothing I'm nothing," the words echo and fit right in with the depressing weather.

Eventually I reach where the figure is and fortunately does turn out to be Venus. She sits on her knees on the wet sand, with her head bowed. Confused, I call out her name, "Venus? What's wrong?"

Venus' voice quietly responds, cracking as if she's been crying, "Me. I'm wrong, I can't believe I..." She trails off, not finishing her sentence. I crouch down behind her and gasp when I see her face. From her nose to neck, blood drips, yet there's no sign of any wound. To show her I'm not afraid (how can I be when she's so fragile now?) I place my hand gently on her right shoulder.

"Hey," I start, "Please tell me what happened. I promise I won't overreact if that's what you're scared of."

She chuckles sarcastically, "I'm more afraid of myself, but okay."

I sit down next to Venus I move my hand from her shoulder to her thigh, I also notice she's completely naked when usually she has a bra and panties on, however I don't let this phase me. Venus inhales deeply before starting, "So as you know I promised to talk to someone about our situation instead of wussing out. I went to my...I guess you could call her my advisory and told her about how I'm miraculously seeing you and no one else. She did laugh in my face, but told me that it's going to take some time to report it. In the meantime, she said she had a solution for my hunger.

"My advisory is one of the select few who are allowed to go to the surface, the surface being your dimension- or world- whatever you prefer." Venus fiddles with her hands and clears her throat to continue, "Anyhow, she told me I could join her on her trip and get my prey there. I was hungry and desperate, I agreed without thinking."