Chapter 9: Haunted Surprise

Daniella: “Lucas?! What ever are you doing here?!” 

Lucas: “I was passing by and I saw you two girls come in here so I came in here to take a peek and see whatever you two are doing. Is it a dare?” 

Sophie: “Yeah. You’re good!” 

Daniella: “Told you.” 

Lucas: “Oh, what are these pictures on this desk of?” 

Lucas slowly picked up the pictures.

Lucas: “Interesting. Pictures of you two and some other guy. It looks alot like somebody was following you.” 

Sophie: “Like everyone else.” 

Lucas: “Hey! I was just stopping by to see whatever you’ve doing.” 

Daniella: “Lucas, please, we were playing a game of ‘Who’s the Stalker?’ and someone is chosen, that we don’t know, is it you?” 

Lucas: “No. And aren’t you a little to old for that game?” 

Daniella: “Never say never.” 

Lucas: “Okay, then, I guess I’ll be going then.” 

Lucas finally left and Sophie and Daniella listened until the door shut and he was out the door. They rolled their eyes.

Sophie: “I swear! If it’s not one thing, it’s another. I hope he didn’t see too much. And I hope he bought your lie.” 

Lucas came in from the hallway.

Lucas: “What is the big secret?” 

Daniella and Sophie made a worried face.

Lucas: “Ever since that date me and Daniella had at the Chinese restaurant, I could tell you were hiding something from me, Daniella. A dream? Really?! And that lie you just made up that Sophie confirmed for me, that was so easy to tell that you were lying. Now, tell me the truth. Who is stalking you and does this have anything to do with your secrets and lies?!” 

Daniella made a worried face at Sophie and shook her head.

Daniella: “I guess it’s time that we told you. The truth is, we’ve been trying to track down this killer who murdered my father. There was a knife with blood on it, my father’s dead body with cuts like you could tell that he was murdered, and I’ve always assummed he was in a wreck. Is that what you wanted here? We don’t why someone is stalking us, but all we know is that my father was being stalked which lead up to his death and so now we’re in danger. Do you want to know where we just came?! I just went to Idaho to rescue Sophie from being kidnapped! Now, how is that ANY of your business?!” 

Lucas: “I--I’m sorry. I shouldnt’ve nosed around. I can help, though.” 

Daniella: “I guess you can since you already know.” 

Just then, they all heard someone come in the house and a shot and a scream go off.

Lucas: “What’s going on?!”