Chapter 29

"Onward with life." - Haneen Zohair, Gravity.

Chapter 29.

-Omar Zohair-

I heard Safa's voice on the microphone. Something about her accepting me as her husband felt good. Maybe I was excited but I couldn't be excited. Up until this moment I hadn't felt anything for Safa.

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw the men walking back into the men section. The imam sat down beside me and everyone settled down. The imam then began with the official nikkah ceremony, firstly the khutbah and then reading several duas in arabic. He then turned towards me.

"Omar Zohair, I am performing your nikkah with Safa Muhammad, daughter of Mr. Ahmed Muhammad, with the agreed upon amount of the Mahr. With the bride's wali as her father Mr. Ahmed Muhammad and the witnesses as Arqam Arain and Zayan Zohair and all of the witnesses present here with the greatest of witnesses, the Almight Allah, Omair Zohair, do you accept Safa Muhammad in your nikkah as your wife?"

"I do."

After that I heard everyone calling out the takbeer, the imam finishing off with the dua and in a matter of 10 minutes, everyone stood up to greet me, the groom.

-Haneen Muhammad-

"Safaaaa!" I squealed as I went and hugged my sister. I hadn't prepared for this moment but it was then I sobbed a little while in my sister's arms. The day was finally here. My sister was married. She was Mrs. Omar Zohair. We had been teasing her every day leading up to this day about marrying omar. And here we were. Hugging each other because it had finally happened. The women section of the masjid was filled with happy chattering of all the women, now over the top excited to see the groom. I saw my mom and Safa cry and I cried with them as well.

There was this unusual breeze of happiness and celebration in the air. And I couldn't help but smile. We all had gone through so much before we were blessed with this happy day.

I realized in that moment that it had been a while since I prayed. Since I put my head down in sujood and spoke to Allah. I decided to do once everything was settled.

At home.

_____

2 hours later, we were back home. Our living room was crowded because there were too many people who wanted to join us for dinner. By force. Great.

I was busy helping mama and others serve the food on the table.

"I am working as fast as I can so all of them can leave as soon as possible," I murmured and Hafsa heard me. She let out a quiet but a genuine laugh and we both started laughing.

"Tell me about it. This is a time for family members only. Why is Safa's friend's cousin here?" Hafsa asked.

"She's here visiting dear. She wanted to join in on the celebration," I imitated her mother. And we both laughed again.

Once the food was served, a call was made and now the dining room was crowded. Hafsa and I made our way out of the crowd and sat down in the living room to rest a bit before we had to go back in the kitchen to clean all those dishes.

"Tough day, am I right?" I sat down next to Safa who seemed to be lost in a deep thought.

"Right?" I nudged her with my elbow.

"Right," she replied.

"Liar!" I said. She looked at me and kept staring in anger.

"What? You're clearly lying. It's never a tough for the great Mrs. Omar," I said, with a playful smirk.

"Haneen, dear, go have some food and leave me alone. I'm already very exhausted," she said as she tried taking her bangles off.

"No! I want to stay here with my sister," I hugged her.

"Yeah whatever. I'll be right back," she said and left the room.

"And I'll definitely go and get some food. I can't wait that long," Hafsah took off her heels and scurried down the steps.

"Get me something!" I shouted from behind.

"What?" her head popped back in.

"Like a dessert? Hello? It's a celebration," I told her.

"I'll get you the jar of sugar cubes. Is that sweet enough?" She asked.

"I'll tell you sweet if I don't have a dessert bowl in hands in the next 10 minutes," I said.

She walked away and I rested my head down on the couch rest.

A few minutes later, I heard steps and then a rather deep "ahem." I suddenly opened my eyes and saw Zayan standing in the doorway. I quickly straightened myself. By now, I knew I was blushing.

"May I sit down?" he asked.

His voice sounded extra voluptuous today for some reason. And he looked extra handsome today in his black kurta shalwar.

I stared at him for so long that I forgot to reply him.

"Haneen?" he snapped in front of my face as he sat down next to me.

I suddenly came back to reality.

"Yeah? I'm sorry I'm just too tired today," I said, not looking directly into his dreamy eyes.

"I get it," he said as he looked away.

"Did you eat?" I asked to make the environment more casual, but failed miserably. This question made it seem like we were married.

One day. InshaAllah.

Haneen shut up.

Right.

"Yes I did," Zayan said, looking down at the floor. He was rubbing his hands together anxiously. I wanted to calm him down but also didn't want to embarrass myself.

"Haneen, is it ok if I tell you-

"Here is you dessert bowl, Ms. Haneen!" Hafsa entered like a castle guard. At that moment I wanted to push her outside, slide the door shut, and bluntly tell Zayan to continue.

But all I could do was give Hafsa a well deserved death stare until she got scared and walked out herself.

That didn't work either. And Zayan left the room, saying he had to join the men.

As soon as he was out of sight, I hurriedly sat down next to Hafsa, squeezed her arm, and spoke through clenched teeth.

"What's your problem?" I said in literal anger.

"What?" she said with mouth full of fruit. She seriously was clueless about what had happened.

"You have terrible timing, that's what!!!" I said and stomped out of the room, dragging my dress behind me.

Oh God. What was he gonna tell me? What if he wanted to tell me he loved me too?

Nah Haneen. That can't be. Just because you like him doesn't mean he likes you too.

Right.

Onward with life.

____________________

Hellooooo everyone !!!! I am soooo sorry this took soooo long!!! I was just making final touches. I know this might not be the best chapter but I promise, the good ones are coming very sooooon!!

One more thing! I have made another insta account where I will post updates about my stories, life -  basically its like a blog, something I really wanted to start for a very long time. The stuff on there is raw and natural. I have finally stopped hiding behind my pen name and revealed my real name!! All natural stuff from now on :) - go give me a follow on insta "muneebaslife" <--- that's the username <3 

I'll be back with a new chapter soon! I love you guys :*