Episode Forty: SeLf CaRe ToRnAdO

(Start in Lotus Lake. The gang approaches a door with three triangle-shaped holes in it.)

Daph-Nii-Another dead end. Three holes this time.

Ash-Lii-This time?

Daph-Nii-Last time, it had four holes.

Mojo-You know what else has three holes?

Daph-Nii-Mojo, stop. I'm trying to solve a problem.

Jiko-What do you think goes there?

Daph-Nii-I think I have an idea.

(She pulls the two Fey jewels out of her sleeves and puts them in the door.)

Ella-Looks like a perfect fit!

Daph-Nii-Just as I suspected. What is it with the Dark Lord and jewels?

Mojo-But why isn't it opening?

Daph-Nii-'Cause we need three, numbnuts.

Jiko-We need one more jewel, but where to find it?

Daph-Nii-We need to rescue Rae, don't we?

Jiko-Why Rae?

Daph-Nii-The Dark Lord always puts these jewels with the peons, and Daisuke is most definitely not a peon.

Jiko-You have a point.

Ash-Lii-Then it's settled: we're gonna rescue Rae!

All-Yeah!

(A pause.)

Ella-But where could she be?

Jiko-We can't go here, but it has to be somewhere that we haven't checked yet. From what I gather, the Dark Lord doesn't like repeating himself.

All-Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Daph-Nii-I mean, there is one more place we can try.

Jiko-Why do you say it like that?

(Opening theme. Cut to Bigg Forest. The gang is walking together. ELLA is riding on ANNALISE.)

Jiko-It's okay. It's okay. We're just gonna go in here, knock out Rae, go back to Lotus Lake, knock out Daisuke, go back to the Retreat, see them both alive and well, and you four can be on your merry way.

Daph-Nii-Why do you sound so urgent?

Jiko-I have to admit, even though I am the bold, benevolent badass you see before you, I do get kind of unsettled whenever I enter this place.

Daph-Nii-I mean, it can't be that bad. If Ai-Rii can survive this place, so can you.

Jiko-Huh? When did Ai-Rii survive this place?

Daph-Nii-When she came along with us to rescue you after you kind of got kidnapped by the Dark Lord and had your face stuck on a giant owl. Remember that?

Jiko-Oh, right. Hehe.-

Ella-A humid forest. Such clean air. Let's take some deep breaths. In...

(She snorts. All of a sudden her face freezes up.)

Mojo-What is it?

Ella-I got a bug up my nose!

Jiko-Can I ask you something?

Daph-Nii-What is it?

Jiko-Once you've saved the village, what will you do?

Daph-Nii-I'll probably keep going where the Guardian tells me to.

Guardian-(imitating DAPH-NII) I'm going after the Dark Lord, Alex Chang!

Daph-Nii-Which is what the Guardian's telling me to do.