veintitres

i was feeling super stressed after my argument with sonny. we were all sat in the living room and you could cut the tension with a knife.

"soo..." brook started to make conversation, although all he got was a few glares from the others. i was sat their playing with the rings that liz and charlie had gotten me for my 18th birthday. it was then i had an amazing idea.

i got out the chair and walked out of the flat and right to the cafe.

i walked into expecting to see liz and charlie sitting at their usual seats, as they were usually here at this time, but i was surprised when i saw two teenage girls with school uniforms on. they looked about 15 and looked like they were gossiping.

i went to the till and saw liam making two teas. "liam" i asked softly, thinking the worst. he looked up at me with worried eyes. he quickly give the two girls their teas and pulled me into the back.

"liv what's wrong?" he rushes out holding my hands in his. i go to tell him about mine and sonny's argument but i then re-remembered liz and charlie.
"liz and charlie. where are they? they are usually here about this time today?" i question and pull my phone out to look at the time.

12:49 am

"liv calm down charlie popped in to tell me to tell yo-" "tell me what!" i interrupted, shouting so loud i'm sure the two girls heard.

"liz had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance last night and she fighting for her life" liam answers softly.

i pull my hands away from his and run out the cafe and back up to our flat. by this time i was out of breathe and i could barely speak. i opened the door to see everyone in the same position from earlier except syd and brook who were cuddled up with each other.

as i opened the door everyone's eye landed on me and i tried to speak. "c-cafe...liam...hosp-hospital... rushed...liz...l-life..." i managed to pant out.

they all look at me like i'm crazy. i stood their for a second staring at them all in desperation but then realised i needed to get to the hospital. i ran to the kitchen grabbing money and quickly ordering an uber to the nearest hospital (after checking it was the right one).

i run back through to my room and grab the nearest hoodie which happens to be sonny's but that was the least of my concerns.

as i was about to put it on my phone chimed with a text so i ran while struggling to put the jumper on. "olivia!" i turn around to the sound of rye's voice.

"rye i don't have time what is it?!" i shouted a bit. he looked taken aback but gained his confidence back and asked "where are you going?". i rolled my eyes and ran out my flat slamming the door on my way out.

a hour later i was sat in the waiting room, waiting to see liz, my nerves spiking up every second. suddenly doctors and nurses rushed through to the room where liz was and pushed charlie out. i could see the tears streaming down his face as they crowded around her.

i ran towards him and gently place my arms around his shaking figure. i start to feel tears welling in my eyes. a doctor came out and gave us a sympathetic smile before shaking his head.

i felt my heart being ripped in two. i broke down crying while holding charlie's crying body.

two hours later and we had signed the death certificate. i grabbed charlie's hand and we decided to walk to their only daughters house to tell her news. she didn't stay far from the hospital.

"are you sure you want me to go home?" i asked as i let go of his hand and placed it in his shoulder. he nodded before explaining that he was going to stay there for a while. i nodded my head in understanding before walking off.